The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me narrow my search (and remember Acid?) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th February 2017
Here for the gear

Help me narrow my search (and remember Acid?)

Hi,

I wpuld greatly appreciate some advice. Here's my situation and what I'm looking for.

My buddy just bought a maschine mkii, which has me thinking about getting one so I can collaborate. I like the concept of using the pads to build beats and use samples, but I'm not sure it will do everything I'd like.

I'm play guitar, and years ago I used Acid to insert drum loops, import samples, and also record tracks using my guitar, bass and keyboard. I loved how you could record 4 beats and then drag to make it extend as long as you like. Also loved how you could hit the record button at any spot and it would play the track as you played/recorded w it.

- I'd like to be able to record instruments as described above.

- I'd like to be able to adjust the bpm setting and have the tracks adjust to it

- I do like the idea of controlling sounds w pads like maschine does.

- a good variety of sounds and kits would be nice (I know you can purchase packs, but coming w the software/hardware is a nice to have)

- effects are a plus so I can tweak the heck out of stuff :-)

It looks like the Maschine software will do the sequencing (not sure since my buddy is just starting w it). Not sure about the live recording.

Sorry to sound like a newbie. I realize it, but with Maschine, FL Studio, ableton, etc. it's not easy to make sense of what to get.

I'm open to using more than one tool (I know that's common) but wonder if one will do it.

Thanks a bunch for he time. Really appreciate it.
Old 19th February 2017
Try Live demo and I think you will be more tahn happy. To me its not just a daw but the best sound design tool. On top of that out of all daws I tried so far (logic reaper studio one cubase pro tools fl studio ) its the quickest to finish the track for me. There is loads of free tuts on web to get you started and if you will decide to go with it you can always get a nice controller (the integration with most of controllers is pretty good and if you need to set it up from scratch its also really quick to do comparing to other daws). Basic library is ok but instead of getting suite version I would consider getting komplete 11 along that and you are going to have everything you need to create your music well maybe you can consider getting vallhala vintage verb cause the one in Live is so so but apart from that all other fx are great quality. Hope that helps.
Old 22nd February 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
Try Live demo and I think you will be more tahn happy. To me its not just a daw but the best sound design tool. On top of that out of all daws I tried so far (logic reaper studio one cubase pro tools fl studio ) its the quickest to finish the track for me. There is loads of free tuts on web to get you started and if you will decide to go with it you can always get a nice controller (the integration with most of controllers is pretty good and if you need to set it up from scratch its also really quick to do comparing to other daws). Basic library is ok but instead of getting suite version I would consider getting komplete 11 along that and you are going to have everything you need to create your music well maybe you can consider getting vallhala vintage verb cause the one in Live is so so but apart from that all other fx are great quality. Hope that helps.
Thanks man for the reply. I downloaded the trial last night and am going to follow your advice. It's obviously way more complicated than I remember Acid, but that could be a very good think once you learn how to work with it.
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear
Apart from being a full featured DAW Sonar can "acidize" files just like Acid called "groove clops" and can also "acidize" midi clips just like FL Studio. There is a demo as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search