The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sick and tired of Cubase effects Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
-6 dB/oct for the Low/High EQ sections in VintageVerb.
Even Sean jumps in how's that for engagement!
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

@ fgimian Cool, world of difference, you capitalized on the potential, here is an example of where that leads to once mastered.
Attached Files

cuvase effects (fotis done)_AM.mp3 (5.69 MB, 342 views)

Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
@ fgimian Cool, world of difference, you capitalized on the potential, here is an example of where that leads to once mastered.
Sounds awesome, and you have managed to really improve the kick drum in the master too. I do hear a little distortion during the break (with the pads) tho. The pads need to actually come down another 1 - 2 db in retrospect.
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgimian View Post
Sounds awesome, and you have managed to really improve the kick drum in the master too. I do hear a little distortion during the break (with the pads) tho. The pads need to actually come down another 1 - 2 db in retrospect.
Yes, i could make a nitpick list of artifacts, but it was only a MP3 for educational purposes. Mastering sort of works like a magnifying glass. Buried detail suddenly stands out. I do a lot of EDM, glueing low end and opnening up midrange is what lifts the track further. But you are a solid producer you laid out the elements to work with really well.
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
Yes, i could make a nitpick list of artifacts, but it was only a MP3 for educational purposes. Mastering sort of works like a magnifying glass. Buried detail suddenly stands out. I do a lot of EDM, glueing low end and opnening up midrange is what lifts the track further. But you are a solid producer you laid out the elements to work with really well.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate you putting in some time too on your end. You managed to give the track a nice lift without making it sound unnatural, great job!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search