The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Presonus 1818vsl hooked up to computer. Can I route PS4 audio through ADAT?
Old 16th February 2017
Here for the gear

Presonus 1818vsl hooked up to computer. Can I route PS4 audio through ADAT?

So I recently got a PS4 Slim and I've run into a problem. The screen I have it hooked up to with HDMI doesn't have speakers and besides, I'd rather have it running through my Yamaha monitors anyway so it'll actually sound good.

Here's what I did to try to fix this problem. I got a Tendak HDMI to HDMI/Digital Optical splitter (the ps4 slim doesn't have a digi opt port built in) and I have the HDMI running to my screen which works fine. However, I'm running the optical cable into the ADAT Input of my 1818vsl and I'm not getting any signal showing up in the monitoring software that comes with the 1818vsl. I should also point out that the HDMI splitter also has a 1/8" output (it came with a 1/8" to RCA cable as well which can potentially go into the 1818vsl's SPDIF In) and when I plug in headphones I hear my ps4 audio just fine, so clearly there's just something about getting the optical cable to communicate correctly between the SPDIF Out of the splitter and the ADAT In of the 1818vsl that I can't figure out. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

Also, why is the optical cable output of the splitter labled "SPDIF Out", but the optical cable input of the 1818vsl is labeled "ADAT In" and the RCA input is labeled "SPDIF In"? That really confuses me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search