The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Mainboard, is USB 2.0 still needed? Audio & Midi Interface... Keyboard Controllers
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Maniac

New Mainboard, is USB 2.0 still needed? Audio & Midi Interface...

i wanna get a new mainboard (incl other pc components) and read that e.g. focusrite audio interfaces have problems with USB 3.0?

is it still true? and also i have a midi keyboard from novation impulse 49 and a Midiman Midi Interface from M-Audio.

i wanted to get a ASUS mainboard, nearly all z-270 boards have no pci and no usb 2.0 anymore :(
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Maniac

You will be fine using usb 2 gear on usb 3. A 3.0 port is two ports in one. 1x2.0 + 1x3.0. To a 2.0 device, there are no differences between the two ports.

Also if you have an interface that's 3.0 and is giving you driver problems. You can always force it to run on 2.0 by using a small 2.0 Usb hub.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search