The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital VMS VMR Installer Issues DAW Software
Old 13th February 2017
Here for the gear

Slate Digital VMS VMR Installer Issues

Does any one know how to fix this issue?

I cannot get VMR and VMS to work on version

VMR 1.6.7.1 Will work on my stystem

But VMR 1.6.6.2 Will NOT WORK neither with the VMS..I get an No Ilok Error.

My system is

mac os 10.8.5
Pro TOols 10 HD fully updated
Old 13th February 2017
Lives for gear

Sounds like a software version mismatch? Make sure you have all the very latest installers. If thats not the problem contact support, ive found them very quick to deal with most issues.
Old 13th February 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
Sounds like a software version mismatch? Make sure you have all the very latest installers. If thats not the problem contact support, ive found them very quick to deal with most issues.
Yup..it's compatible with 1.6.2 and not with 1.6.7...unfortunalty it works on 1.6.2 which will not work on Mac OS 10.8.5...I'm hoping they have a fix
Old 4th April 2017
Here for the gear

Same problem here.
Today I received my VMS, installed 1.6.6.2, authorized the iLok and on launch of PT 10.3.10 I got notified that the VMR could not be loaded.

I can confirm that this outdated VMR version is not compatible with my PT on OSX 10.8.4. The only way to get VMR up & running again - installing 1.6.7.x again. Of course then the VMS is not working due to "a mismatch of versions".

I contacted the support 12 hours ago, not a long time of course but ... seeing that this problem is known for months and still selling VMS without a disclaimer for PT 10 is no good publicity for Slate Digital. It's not even documented anywhere on their website. What a shame.

I'm curious about the answer of the support. It guess currently there's no fix available. Bummer ... and a waste of time.

Update: After 2 days Slate's support contacted me with an installer that finally worked. Happy now

Last edited by Dirk Buro; 15th April 2017 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Update

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search