The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Element 24 vs. UA Apollo Twin MkII Duo - Please Help! Audio Interfaces
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbinoctuplets View Post
That's pretty disappointing considering all the great reviews I heard about the Element series. Not having proper outputs unless I spend $1,500+ is pretty ridiculous. That would of made it a serious contender to UA's smaller thunderbolt interfaces
Yes, if you want/need to use outboard processing, the Element 88 is the simplest one to get from that Series. I use a Lucid 88192 with my Element 46 to reach outboard units.

When I got the 46, the Apogee folks explained that they were attempting to develop a product line with high quality pres, conversion and software control of the unit to keep the price down. By themselves, use of the 24 or 46 basically requires use of only plugins for processing, which is not a bad thing given the quality of many plugins these days.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
Yes, if you want/need to use outboard processing, the Element 88 is the simplest one to get from that Series. I use a Lucid 88192 with my Element 46 to reach outboard units.

When I got the 46, the Apogee folks explained that they were attempting to develop a product line with high quality pres, conversion and software control of the unit to keep the price down. By themselves, use of the 24 or 46 basically requires use of only plugins for processing, which is not a bad thing given the quality of many plugins these days.
You mean a new product? When I asked them about this they said they can't reveal any future plans lol. I would LOVE something like the Element 88 but in a smaller unit. I don't need so many inputs but need to be able to monitor and use at least 2 outputs at the same time. Something like an updated Quartet would be perfect or just an Element with more outputs
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post

And how do you find the conversion on the element in comparison to the Lucid? I’ve been strongly considering the element series to get a couple more AD inputs as my Symphony I/O only has 2 analogue inputs and I’m moving towards buying more outboard to go with my silver bullet and ssl bus comp clone.

I’m scared to jump on converters which may be inferior to the Symphony but can’t afford anything high end at the mo. The Element series seems like the only option - I have an Apollo twin (mk1) sat here but have never been 100% convinced by the converters (mainly DA) without ever having done any in depth tests.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

+1 element
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
And how do you find the conversion on the element in comparison to the Lucid? I’ve been strongly considering the element series to get a couple more AD inputs as my Symphony I/O only has 2 analogue inputs and I’m moving towards buying more outboard to go with my silver bullet and ssl bus comp clone.

I’m scared to jump on converters which may be inferior to the Symphony but can’t afford anything high end at the mo. The Element series seems like the only option - I have an Apollo twin (mk1) sat here but have never been 100% convinced by the converters (mainly DA) without ever having done any in depth tests.
The Element converter circuits are first rate. I understand they are virtually identical to Apogee's current Ensemble product line. The Lucid 88192 is also a great converter. The two units work together seamlessly. No issues there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search