The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fan noise on new Dell laptop
Old 13th January 2017
Fan noise on new Dell laptop

I picked up a Inspiron 5000 15 inch touchscreen 2 in 1 laptop in Dell sale with latest gen 2 core i7, 16 gig ram, 500 gig ssd.

Thought i had a deal at 850 euro and be set to mobile record...but the fan noise is extreme and prolonged at times, when cpu is doing no more than browsing. Other times its quiet?

Dell sent out a tech who replaced fan but it is still too noisy when it randomly kicks in..

Anyone have a similar experience with laptop fan noise?
Old 14th January 2017
Update! New fan seems to be behaving when running a good few Cubase tracks with verbs and V.i.s and cpu around 40%...So I guess I can live with this machine and its random fan behaviour...when its silent its sweet...and its good to know that you can get a decent off the shelf well specked laptop at such a low price point!

One thing I found out about because of this was: laptop coolers, and that thin and fast make hot!

As regards to Dell...I must say their customer care is very good!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search