The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Abbey Road RS124 / Licence Re-Issue Dynamics Plugins
Old 12th January 2017
Here for the gear

Abbey Road RS124 / Licence Re-Issue

Has anyone tried to get an Abbey Road RS124 plugin licence re-issue
after having a lost, stolen or broken i Lok ?

Seems like the least they could do after I wasted £500 on their
discontinued plug ins I bought a few years back.

I've tried emails and phoning Abbey Road direct... to no avail.

Silence.

More silence.

Abbey Road: If we stay silent, maybe everyone will forget the silly customers who gave us there money
for products we took back from them with no compensation.

Me: but I really liked the RS124 plugin !

Abbey Road: Well you could buy 2 x RS124 hardware compressors off
our friend Chandler.
That would only mean giving him £4000.00... and we would not be able to just take that back from you... you could keep that til it go's
rusty.LOL.

Me: Steven Slate wouldn't do this sort of corporate, selfish move. He's always
happy and upbeat, because he knows his customer base is generally happy and upbeat...... oh evil Abbey Road, why can't you just be like The Beatles, and know that all you need is love (and happy customers).

Abbey Road: Yes I know, and we are really very sorry, but we needed to Fu*k people like you over so we could make money off selling our licence's to other plugin company's, and keeping our Beatles business afloat.
I know that makes us a bunch of cockroaches, but hey ho that's life.
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
Has anyone tried to get an Abbey Road RS124 plugin licence re-issue

Silence.

More silence.

Abbey Road: If we stay silent, maybe everyone will forget the silly customers who gave us there money

our friend Chandler.
That would only mean giving him £4000.00... and we would not be able to just take that back from you... you could keep that til it go's
rusty.LOL.

happy and upbeat, because he knows his customer base is generally happy and upbeat...... oh evil Abbey Road, why can't you just be like The Beatles, and know that all you need is love (and happy customers).

Abbey Road: Yes I know, and we are really very sorry, but we needed to Fu*k people like you over so we could make money off selling our licence's to other plugin company's, and keeping our Beatles business afloat.
pm me if you wanna make a deal for mine. i rarely use it.

ej
Old 12th January 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
Has anyone tried to get an Abbey Road RS124 plugin licencere-issue

Silence.

More silence.

our friend Chandler.
rusty.LOL.

Have you tried to open a support ticket with iLok?

The AR RS124 plugs were developed by Softube which is still in business.

Maybe there's roadblocks that may prevent reissuing of replacement licenses, but usually when an iLok is lost, stolen or broken - after opening a support case with iLok, iLok will contact all of the developers associated with your iLok key to get replacement licenses put into your iLok account where you can then move to a new / working iLok.
Old 10th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post
Have you tried to open a support ticket with iLok?

The AR RS124 plugs were developed by Softube which is still in business.

Maybe there's roadblocks that may prevent reissuing of replacement licenses, but usually when an iLok is lost, stolen or broken - after opening a support case with iLok, iLok will contact all of the developers associated with your iLok key to get replacement licenses put into your iLok account where you can then move to a new / working iLok.
Softube only developped the Brilliance pack (three modelisations of Abbey Road EQs). The RS 124 has nothing to do with Softube and has unfortunately been discontinued.
Old 10th September 2017
Lives for gear

Long story short this plug-in is dead-ware. The original developer/programmer bailed on the project years ago or something like that. Abbey Road had no control over it.

Which does suck because I loved and used the plug-in all the time.
Old 10th September 2017
Gear Head

The RS124 was developed by Softube also. It's in my Softube folder with the brilliance pack as well. I'd try to contact them.
Old 10th September 2017
Lives for gear

That's right! I was thinking of the earlier TG-Compressor plug-in that is now defunct. The RS124 was Softube.
Old 10th September 2017
Lives for gear

The RS124 was made by Cool Stuff Labs, they really make cool stuff:
Cool Stuff Labs - Portfolio
Old 11th September 2017
Lives for gear

Someone should update this to 64 bit. It's still the best plugin compressor.
Old 11th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders View Post
The RS124 was made by Cool Stuff Labs, they really make cool stuff:
Cool Stuff Labs - Portfolio
I didn't hear about this programmers. Impressive !!
Old 11th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldorodeo View Post
I didn't hear about this programmers. Impressive !!
Impressive that they haven't updated their website in six years?
Old 11th September 2017
Gear Maniac

I still use it for slide guitar all the time, wrapped in a 32 Lives wrapper for 64 bit. Nothing else sounds like it so far, but I'm trying the Audified U37B today.. I can kinda get the same grab out of the Vari Mu UAD comp, but it's not as slick. I would buy it again for a proper 64 version with some retina graphics.
Old 8th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgkeys View Post
I still use it for slide guitar all the time, wrapped in a 32 Lives wrapper for 64 bit. Nothing else sounds like it so far, but I'm trying the Audified U37B today.. I can kinda get the same grab out of the Vari Mu UAD comp, but it's not as slick. I would buy it again for a proper 64 version with some retina graphics.
Sorry for the thread resurrection, but mainly because I still regularly search for an RS124 license I can buy off of someone, I'm curious: How did the U73B do it for you (and as compared to the RS124)?

Thanks!
Old 9th September 2018
Gear Maniac

the U37b is great, has a quirkiness all it's own and very nice harmonically, but still not the RS124. This week I'm trying the VCL-25A (has a 4.7 sec release time) from Fuse Audio Labs, another variable mu comp.. will let you know on the general comp-i-ness of it, though without the hold parameter of the RS124, nothing is going to work like that. I broke down and bought a Liverpool hardware comp from Grove Hill Audio and now just insert it in the hardware insert and bounce :-). It's a copy of the modified Altec and sounds great on every single thing I've put thru it. Take 25-30db off and it's soooo smooth. Blend the comped track back with the original for some OG style parallel compression. Why won't anyone copy this thing in a plugin? I'd spend $200 on a software version of this comp that is 64 bit and will be around for the next 10 years. Hello Waves? Fuse? Sknote? Klanghelm? Kush? Softube? It's literally the last piece of Beatles-esque gear not copied in software. Hell, if Klanghelm would just add an infinite setting to the recovery time to MJUC, or infinite hold to DC8C, I could make them do almost anything. Paging Tony...I will buy all your comps again for this. Double your money...
Old 13th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgkeys View Post
the U37b is great, has a quirkiness all it's own and very nice harmonically, but still not the RS124. This week I'm trying the VCL-25A (has a 4.7 sec release time) from Fuse Audio Labs, another variable mu comp.. will let you know on the general comp-i-ness of it, though without the hold parameter of the RS124, nothing is going to work like that. I broke down and bought a Liverpool hardware comp from Grove Hill Audio and now just insert it in the hardware insert and bounce :-). It's a copy of the modified Altec and sounds great on every single thing I've put thru it. Take 25-30db off and it's soooo smooth. Blend the comped track back with the original for some OG style parallel compression. Why won't anyone copy this thing in a plugin? I'd spend $200 on a software version of this comp that is 64 bit and will be around for the next 10 years. Hello Waves? Fuse? Sknote? Klanghelm? Kush? Softube? It's literally the last piece of Beatles-esque gear not copied in software. Hell, if Klanghelm would just add an infinite setting to the recovery time to MJUC, or infinite hold to DC8C, I could make them do almost anything. Paging Tony...I will buy all your comps again for this. Double your money...
Thanks -I appreciate your thoughts. Would absolutely LOVE to see one of the developers you mention (or someone else!) model the RS124's.

Glad you found a workable hardware solution, anyway!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search