The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
excellent reverbs not using iLok ? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 7th January 2017
Reverberate 2 with its fusion impulses sounds amazing! Doesn't use iLok.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone try the new Melda MTurboReverb?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Eventide, alas, still requires an iLok account, even if you don't need the dongle.

EAReverb is wonderful, as are all of the ValhallaDSP products.
In the last couple of days I have seen a lot of people mentioning this product, what is the difference between EAReverb 1 and 2? I had a friend who had the first, who liked it,.... is EAReverb 2 an upgrade or a separate product?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

The verbs in Ozone 5 and 7 bring nice things to the table, and there's a lot of granularity in the controls for Valhalla and IKM.
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post

and by LF in your location do you mean Los Feliz? ?
No, Lake Forest, CA (OC).

but i have since relocated to Redmond/Sammamish, WA.
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Most of excellent reverbs, whatever it is, are using iLok..

Michal
Apparently there are plenty of excellent iLok-less alternatives. So you're probably wrong (watch this thread grow). In my opinion most of the iLok stuff isn't necessarily excellent but definitely more expensive.

Another happy new Pro-R user here!
One can't go wrong with Valhalla reverbs. These are my recommendations.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemeister View Post
Apparently there are plenty of excellent iLok-less alternatives. So you're probably wrong (watch this thread grow). In my opinion most of the iLok stuff isn't necessarily excellent but definitely more expensive.
It's not about right or wrong, everyone might have different subjective preference.

Just to my taste, if someone will ask me about excellent software reverbs, then on top of my head.. I'd probably mention Lexicon PCM, Relab pieces, Altiverb and also Exponential Audio and Slate Verbsuite, which I both liked during demoing.. those are all excellent sounding effects, which gives great instantly usable results to me.
I also like Valhalla plugins, which I wholeheartedly recommend. Especially Plate and VRoom are very very good, although it would take some more tweaking or additional plugins sometimes. Mentioned EaReverb is recent thing for me, I wasn't aware of that company before, but I'd like to say, it's can be nice and natural, it's friend's go-to reverb and I was really impressed by its ER section.

So from that list, most of my faves are iLok protected. And if I'd like to use it, then dongle is necessary, which somewhat don't bother me. Rather than iLok itself, I'd rather appreciate two activations (maybe the second one with some discount).. especially for more expensive plugins.

Michal
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestermagneto View Post
In the last couple of days I have seen a lot of people mentioning this product, what is the difference between EAReverb 1 and 2? I had a friend who had the first, who liked it,.... is EAReverb 2 an upgrade or a separate product?
Never had the original EAReverb, and they don't sell it anymore. It's still on the eaReckon site as they still provide support for the legacy users, and there seems to be an upgrade path discount for v1 owners.

But v2 sounds very good, and - especially since I'm not a very sophisticated user of these tools - it has 3 window layout that is easy to wrap my head around. It has a main interface which includes everything, then an "SE" UI with simplified, essential controls, then finally a virtual stage in which you can place instruments spatially, and the ERs will adjust accordingly.

It was this 3rd virtual stage layout screen that led me to it, as it's the only verb I've found that has this SPAT-like function, (Flux's SPAT, besides requiring an iLok account, cost about 5 bazillion dollars, and I'm neither a bazillionaire nor an iLok patron) and to my ears at least it works really well.

One of the happier purchases I made last year...
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear
No iLok? FabFilter Pro-R
iLok? Zynaptiq Adaptiverb
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
I'm putting a mobile rig together and looking for a great reverb plug-ins that does not require iLok authorization. I will be using DP9.

At the studio, i own Lexicon, Waves, Exponential Audio, Altiverb...great reverbs but they all require iLok. Thx
For at least some plugins, you can install the iLok license directly on the computer and not use the dongle. IIRC, Lexicon allows that option.
Old 17th April 2018
Here for the gear

Kind of late but just fell into this situation...no ilok and don't want to pay for it.

Scrolled through and didn't see the Softube TSAR-1R mentioned.

That's the el cheapo version but so far it's my favorite reverb.

I have Valhalla Vintage Verb, Valhalla Plates, Waves Abby Road Plates, and Breverb 2.

Just downloaded the Fabfilter Pro-R demo.

But for just recording my acoustic guitar and vocals, the Softube TSAR-1R still sounds the best.

That being said, I haven't messed around with the Fabfilter Pro-R much yet, just tried out the presets.
Old 17th April 2018
bx_room is pretty nice... as is PSP Nexcellence. 2445 is AMAZING, esp on shorter settings. +1 on Liquidsonics Reverberate 2
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Nut

Valhalla is great, but FabFilter Pro-R has completely replaced it for me now. Can't recommend it enough!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search