The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I am looking for a compressor whit these features. Dynamics Plugins
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

I am looking for a compressor whit these features.

hpf lpf internal sidechain.
ratio 1 to 20.
detection circuit peaks and rms
external sidechain.
lookahead.
mix knob.
stereo link.
knee.
A good manual/gui.

I have seen the one by Studio One and seems really nice.

thx
Old 30th December 2016
Here for the gear

I thought Fabfilter Pro-C 2 has it all, but it doesn't have RMS detection. But yeah, the Studio One compressor is pretty decent. Versatile and can sound good if you know what you're doing.
Old 30th December 2016
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Im gonna be somewhat of a jackass here.

You "think" you are looking for a compressor like this..but you really aren't.

Get a Distressor (with both official mods), thats a nice starting unit
Or a kush tweaker
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

ReaComp from free ReaPlugs
REAPER | ReaPlugs
Normally, it's part of Reaper, but on Windows they also released that as a standalone VST plugins.
Don't be mislead by its simple GUI, it's very good clean compressor, with rather transparent attack and release curves.
I use it in Reaper almost in all projects, especially because lookahead and variable RMS length, which allow you to tailor detector response very well.
From your requested features, it only doesn't have that control of stereo linking.. signal from both channels are always summed together before detector.
On top of that, you'll have switchable feed-forward/feedback characteristic and switchable oversampling level (this is handy especially with enabled output clipping).

Michal
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Klanghelm DC8 is a versatile, yet affordable beast.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Good tip for affordable plug.
It's has lot of features, which can make it real compression flavor chameleon, if someone likes that.
I have it for a quite long time, however for some reason don't use it so often.. (maybe I should pull it from plugin drawer more often )

With regards to requested features, it has almost all besides of look-ahead. Which is pity, personally I'd use it much more than its attack delay feature, which provides onset of attack enevelope.
Other thing, which I'd maybe mention with regards to DC8C2 is its oversampling filter, it's minimum phase, similarly like in some other Klanghelm effects. Even when its at 1x, there is progressive phase shift towards highs, which gets exaggerated with 2x or 4x modes.
Of course it's not necessarily problem with single track sources and when using its internal dry/wet blend, but for parallel compression at DAW or some multimiked sources (drums), it can sound pretty smeary.

Michal
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
What he said
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search