The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Are we still on the 1st gen Mac desktops?
Old 6th March 2007
Are we still on the 1st gen Mac desktops?

I've been out of the loop. Someone wanted to buy my dual 2.0 g5 for $1500 so he can use it in the post production world. Is the mac desktop core duo still 1st generation? If so is it rock solid? I use logic and motu stuff. I have a uad card. I realize I have to get new cards for my new comps because it only accepts PCI Express. I just don't want to jump into anyting that is buggy.

Thanks
Old 6th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-tra View Post
I've been out of the loop. Someone wanted to buy my dual 2.0 g5 for $1500 so he can use it in the post production world. Is the mac desktop core duo still 1st generation? If so is it rock solid? I use logic and motu stuff. I have a uad card. I realize I have to get new cards for my new comps because it only accepts PCI Express. I just don't want to jump into anyting that is buggy.

Thanks
Rock solid from what i hear , my friend uses a Mac Pro 2.6, Logic and a Motu HD192 , no problems and more grunt to sink a ship
Old 6th March 2007
Nice thanks!
Old 6th March 2007
Now I gotta see how much it's gonna cost to get a new motu card and uad card to pci express.
Old 6th March 2007
Lives for gear

I'm loving my Mac Pro 2.66. Running DP 5.11 and OSX 10.4.8. Quiet, solid and stable.
Old 6th March 2007
Wow that sounds great! So I should take the $1500 for my old Dual 2.0 G5 iand get the 266 mhz desktop!
Old 6th March 2007
Gear Maniac

I would do it before Adobe to announces Creative Suite 3 onMarch 27.
Old 7th March 2007
Do what? sell my comp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Of Wiz View Post
I would do it before Adobe to announces Creative Suite 3 onMarch 27.
Old 7th March 2007
Gear Nut

The Mac Pro 2.66 is INSANE! My machine is running PT LE 7.1.1 on OS 10.4.7 - many plugs are now available for the Intel platform...

When I first opened it up to install more ram (6 gb total) and sata drives - highly recommended over fw - I was amazed at the efficient and clean design of this machine. Also, the beauty of owning this machine is you'll be to ugrade to more powerful processors in the futere if you choose to...

it doesn't have the problems one would expect from a 1st gen machine - absolutely solid!

and it's whisper quiet...
Old 7th March 2007
Killer I'm selling mine tomorrow.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search