The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Console - Mixing Output (track) with Mic signal internally
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Head
UAD Console - Mixing Output (track) with Mic signal internally

Hi
is there somebody who can answer this little question?

I come from RME Fireface and TotalMix and I am accustomed to mix my outcoming signal from the DAW with the vocal signal inside the soundcard.

Is it possible to do that with UAD Console? I've found nothing yet.

I find it quite cumbersome to set the volume of the music track inside the DAW and the gain for the microphone in the UAD console.

Thanks and regards.

Last edited by nexxus; 20th December 2016 at 10:36 PM..
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

I'd recommend reading the manual for UAD Console. I have the same problem, I need to read it tonight as well. It would be perfectly obvious to anyone who has worked in a studio with a real console, but I don't have that experience. Let me know if you figure out something simple.
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Hi there,

The DAW return in the Apollo Console goes straight to the monitor output volume, but you can just as easily route it to a pair of Virtual Outputs. This will give you the DAW output on faders, and allow you to add plugins if you like.

Cheers!
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorhifikit View Post
Hi there,

The DAW return in the Apollo Console goes straight to the monitor output volume, but you can just as easily route it to a pair of Virtual Outputs. This will give you the DAW output on faders, and allow you to add plugins if you like.

Cheers!
When are you guys planning on an hw implementation of the console?
What I mean is a digital controller with faders for the uad plugs, with an eq section and a comp section.. Like the way a digital live console is layed out?

It's about time.. No?

Cheu
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

As mentioned, set the output from your DAW to one of the virtual channels. I usually have the DAW set to virtual 1/2 and the click track set to 3 when tracking.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Head
Thanks alot for that quick and helpful answer. Didn't know there are Virtual Tracks.
Old 21st December 2016
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search