The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amplesound electric guitars - which do you prefer? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th December 2016
Here for the gear

Amplesound electric guitars - which do you prefer?

Which Amplesound guitars you prefer the most? What genre, what use and why? There is a lot of discussion about AGT vs AGM, but I haven't found anything about AGT vs AGF vs AGG vs AGP vs AME.
Old 21st December 2016
Gear Addict
I like their acoustic guitar VI's. However, I bought the AGP also and I found the tuning to be horrible, especially on the lower strings. It's not correctable via a cent offset per sample (which you can do, to AmpleSound's credit). But, rather, it is due to notes having a pitch envelope (the pitch of the sample changes markedly from attack to decay) and to high string inharmonicity (higher partials are progressively sharper than they are on most instruments). I think that the root of the problem is the strings that they chose. The AGP II update did not fix the issue, iirc. It is so bad (to me; some others may not care about or even notice tuning issues) that I deleted it from my hard drive.

I'm not trying to trash the company - I do like AGM a lot, and AGT is nice also (despite some smaller tuning issues).
Old 21st December 2016
Here for the gear

Interesting thing about tuning, I have seen a lot of complaints from Amplesound users on different forums. They say that it has been fixed in updates, but still there is some kind of problem. Right now I'm demoing AGG and AME, and in AGG I have found that muted notes in the lowest register with low velocity are a lot higher than sustained notes. I was wondering if this is maybe typical problem for muted notes on guitar?

But excluding this both AGG and AME are great guitars, altough AGG looks more versatile (more articulations and better sound on single guitar popish/rockish lines)

And I love "double" trick.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search