The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who's using that Behringer UMC404HD?
Old 26th May 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
I meant it literally. I'm about to send it back to have it replaced but before I do that I'd like to be sure to have all trobleshot.

I'm on a Mac and have no software installed. There's no such thing for this set up.
Sorry with my wording, I was pointing out Behringer's final item at the end of installing the driver.

I'm not sure about the following, since I don't use Macs very often, but if your Mac allows you to run Linux temporarily from a DVD or USB, you might see if your UMC404HD can run under Linux. I have a couple of Linux DVDs that I use only for hardware troubleshooting on Windows or other Linux distributions since the Linux DVD does not install - unless I say to do an install.
Old 27th May 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabney View Post
When I have lost the UMC404HD, re-installing it in Windows restores everything. Only difficult part (for me) is trying to understand the meaning of the language of the 'final' notice. Does it mean one thing or does it mean the opposite?

best, john
I found the problem. For some weird reason, in the Audio-Midi-Setup the Output 1 volume was turned down completely. I wonder how this could happen.
Old 10th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
My UMC404HD has stopped working with my iPad!? I’m now getting “this accessory requires to much power” despite using the same Apple lightning to USB 3 cable as I’ve always used!?
Quick update to this. I have had a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen here which I was sent to film some video tutorials. I have also had exactly the same issue with my iPad and this interface as I have with my UMC 404HD! This has made me suspicious that there isn't a fault with the UMC 404HD.
Recently I picked up a new iPhone and downloaded Cubasis 3 for it. I tested the Focusrite Scarlett Solo and it worked perfectly so I gave my old UMC404HD a try and guess what it worked perfectly aswell! In fact I didn't even have to use the included power supply like I did when it worked with my iPad mini 4!
It appears that upgrading to IOS 13 on my old iPad mini 4 has done something to the power scheme that has stopped basic audio interfaces from working without having to buy an extra powered USB hub!
I'm super happy that I don't need to replace the UMC404HD as it would cost considerably more to buy an interface that has as many options and also works with an iPhone!

As a result, the Behringer UMC404HD has gone up even higher in my opinion and whole heartedly recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable/reliable and good sounding interface.
📝 Reply