The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Plugins for Compression/Limiting DAW Software
Old 5th December 2016
Lives for gear

Pro Tools Plugins for Compression/Limiting

I've been recording audio for years and feel fairly comfortable with that, but when it came time to start adding effects, etc., I always brought my files (or 2" tapes back in the day) to an engineer and let him do that stuff. So naturally when Pro Tools plugins started making an impact I pretty much let them go by without paying attention...

But I am currently working on recording the audio for an audio book, and have about four hours of recorded speaking voice... Over the course of that time, there are some fairly large swings in volume. Stuff I didn't notice as I was going along, but in the end, it becomes evident as I look at the entire, consolidated track.

So, I know I ought to be able to improve greatly upon this with some compression and limiting, but I have no idea which ones are best to use in this situation... Could anyone recommend any specific plugins for me? I'm using the UA Apollo Duo, and so UA plugins would be great.

I'd love to be able to complete the audio here at home without having to send it to someone else to clean up and fix...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search