The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apollo 8 with SSL Alpha-Link AX ADAT problem
Old 5th December 2016
Here for the gear

Apollo 8 with SSL Alpha-Link AX ADAT problem

Alright, dear forum. If you have any information/tips on this I will be eternally grateful.

The problem:
I'm connecting the Alpha-Link via the 4 optical in's/out's (to be able to S/MUX higher sample rates) to the Apollo 8 and I'm using the Word Clock (Apollo 8 as master, SSL as slave) for sync.
I've got it rolling under 44.1 and 48kHz but when I switch to 96kHz all I get is white noise on all ADAT channels. If I pick ADAT as sync source on the SSL I can atleast get a proper signal, but it reverts to 48kHz (whilst the Apollo 8 is still at 96kHz). Excuse my ignorance, first time I'm trying to sync ADAT.

So, basically my problem is: Why can't I use WC to get the SSL to sync in 96kHz? And of course, why the noise?

I've read the manual(s), tried different settings in the Virtual Switches, browsed through this forum, googled, etc etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search