The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Glyph StudioRAID Thunderbolt 2 for streaming virtual instrument libraries?
Old 4th December 2016
Glyph StudioRAID Thunderbolt 2 HD for streaming virtual instrument libraries?

Hi there- just upgraded my DAW-based studio to a late 2015 iMac- 32 Gig RAM, running ProTools 12.6. I have a lot of virtual instrument libraries from EastWest including Hollywood Strings, Spectrasonics, etc. They are currently on my older external Glyph hard drive with firewire, which I had connected to my 2009 MacBook Pro.

Wanting to move them to a new hard drive with thunderbolt for streaming the samples in ProTools on my new iMac- I was going to get this Glyph HD but before I do, wanted to check in with you guys:
Glyph StudioRAID Thunderbolt 2 - 4TB | Sweetwater.com

I know someone out there is going to suggest a SSD drive- which I'm not too familiar with- seems a little complicated & pricey- first need to get a housing, and then the drives to go in them, I think? Trying to keep it simple. I'm just a guy who records his own music, not for clients. Wondering if this Glyph with TB will do the trick.

Thanks!

Last edited by musiquefreek; 4th December 2016 at 10:42 PM..
Old 5th December 2016
bump
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search