The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ezdrummer/NI etc drum vi's
Old 3rd December 2016
Ezdrummer/NI etc drum vi's

Do you guys usually use the 2 mix that comes out if your drum program of choice... Or do send out the channels individually into your daw and treat each track as you would for a real mic'd kit?

I do both and find that when I'm processing each bit of the that I tend to get may more clever than necessary and creating a time suck.

Just curious what your take is
Old 3rd December 2016
Lives for gear
I do both as well but mostly individual tracks. I already have project templates for that so most of the work is already done plus bus eq/comp etc. The only thing I wind up doing is possibly the snare processing depending on the project. Other times I'm lazy and ignore my templates and just call up a kit and go but I almost always wish I could separate something after it's too late.
Old 4th December 2016
Ha... Ok, good. So it bit just me that does that!
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

Individual tracks for me. It's much easier for processing and making little, minute changes as I never record things perfectly or I want to tweak something when it comes to mixdown. But, I'm also either external drum machines or sample based for drums from my MPC. I don't mind my drums not actually sounding like drums, so often I'll throw a little effect on an individual drum sound which is infinitely more difficult than if I just recorded the entire drum track.
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

I use Superior and route out individual tracks. Not such a time suck with Superior. More so with other drum software I have.
L.
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

Both for me.
Old 4th December 2016
Lives for gear

Both for me.
Old 5th December 2016
Gear Nut

I use maschine and typically I'd bring each sound out to an individual track. Recently however I've been doing everything in maschine, including some effects on the whole group. I find I can get something I like more quickly with this method.

If I then went to process something outside maschine I just route it out to it's own channel in ableton.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search