The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MIDI triggering too early Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd December 2016
Here for the gear

MIDI triggering too early

I had the typical issue of audio crackling when I first set up my signal chain but solved that. I generally record slow attack stuff so I’ve just now realized that if I have something set for immediate attack, the notes are being triggered too early, by about 1/32 of a second is my estimation. It seems to be one of those so-simple-it’s-stupid problems to fix but I can’t seem to adjust my latency settings to correct it.
I’m using a Prophet 6 desktop triggered through Acid 7.0 running through a Roland Quad capture card, Windows 8.1. Any help or advice please! Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2016
I know that within Cubase, there's a 'off-set' setting that you can force things ahead or behind as needed. I don't have any experience with your stuff, though maybe there's similar 'off-set' functions available.
Old 5th December 2016
Here for the gear

Thanks for the response, Steve Fogal! I'm happy to say I figured out the simple problem, I was somehow using the Microsoft Sound Mapper for recording and my soundcard for playback which created the problem. Simple solution, make sure I'm using the soundcard for both. Back to happy recording
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search