The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio Monitor not working, Not a blown woofer. HELP! Studio Monitors
Old 1st December 2016
Here for the gear

Studio Monitor not working, Not a blown woofer. HELP!

So I have a pair of Mackie MR5 MK2's and one of them is not working. I've isolated the problem to it being the monitor as when I switch the XLR from the faulty monitor to the working monitor it works fine. I checked the woofer and fuse making sure neither was blown and both are fine. I get RF interference in the non-working monitor was curious if that could contribute to it as well.

Is it possibly an electronic fault?

Should I take it in for a repair?
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear
Crossover or power module could be blown.
Old 6th December 2016
Here for the gear

How would I find out if either are blown? I'm assuming I'll have to open it up, or send it out depending on the level of technological know how I'll need. I don't think it's the power module because the power light comes on when the power switch is on but I could easily be wrong if that doesn't effect the sound.

Thanks!
Old 6th October 2018
Here for the gear

having the same issue with mine. had RF interference, monitor threw sound, then didnt, then RF again, and sound is back. Suspecting its crossover as the person above mentioned. any thoughts
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search