The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Orion 32+ Users Unite!!!
Old 26th November 2016
Orion 32+ Users Unite!!!

I have been an Antelope Orion 32+ user for almost a year now and I love it. Using the Thunderbolt connection makes it a real powerhouse in particular. However, the support is sub-par and there is no user forum on the Antelope site. (Lynx has a great and responsive user forum; one of the things I miss about my Lynx Aurora 8).

I have a modest proposal that any Slutz here who are Orion 32/32+ users unite and make this thread a repository for Orion tips, how-to's, trouble-shooting guide, presets sharing and the like.
Old 26th November 2016
Lives for gear

I'm a Goliath user, but did have luck with the live chat on their website. Also the ticket system. Support was really responsive.

One thing (not really a tip) that's not documented: in the routing matrix, if you mute a channel or row, there is no way to 'unmute'. You have to reassign the channel routing.

I thought that one was a bit lame...
Seems like it would be pretty straight forward to program an unmute, and I believe it's the same routing matrix panel since the first Orion.

Anyway, I scratched my head over that one, so just thought I would share the info
Old 31st January 2017
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I'm a Goliath user, but did have luck with the live chat on their website. Also the ticket system. Support was really responsive.

One thing (not really a tip) that's not documented: in the routing matrix, if you mute a channel or row, there is no way to 'unmute'. You have to reassign the channel routing.

I thought that one was a bit lame...
Seems like it would be pretty straight forward to program an unmute, and I believe it's the same routing matrix panel since the first Orion.

Anyway, I scratched my head over that one, so just thought I would share the info
Hi Squawk:

I haven't checked this thread in a while -- just super busy. Anyway, I'll revisit dealing with their support but when I last did in October, not really much follow-up. In any case, thanks for the info. I've owned quite a few interfaces through the years, including quality products from RME and Lynx, but I'm happiest with the Orion 32+. Great all around but I some reservations about their support. Hopefully as the user base grows, the official and unofficial support will get better.

Thanks for the info in your post!

Cheers,
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Head

Thumbs up New Orion 32 user

Hi

I've just started with the orion, I think it's fantastic. I haven't had to use support as yet, hoping I won't need to as it seems to work out of the box but I have noticed a possible quibble.
When you connect to DAW (mines Logic X) it locks the ability to change presets. I get that and thats good. However, I notice that once locked, after a while the preset light on the unit goes out which makes me uneasy that it is changing settings mid session. Unlikely and i'm going to keep an eye on it but thought i'd mention in case anyone else has this issue.
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear
I'm not an Antelope user myself (considering the Zen Tour though) but I just got an email from them announcing a new remote support app.
Support now offers remote-access assistance for its customers using free remote control software. Let's see how it goes.

Antelope Audio now offersremote-access tech assistance | Antelope Audio
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Head
Too bad this didn't take off :-(
I just got my 32+
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search