The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keymap and Autosampler totally dead in Sierra. Thanks Apple. DAW Software
Old 18th November 2016
Gear Nut

Last edited by Henry Jones Sr; 6th December 2016 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: Lost the will to live
Old 19th November 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Jones Sr View Post
Just a heads up for sample library creators. The sunset editions of Redmatica's Autosampler and Keymap Pro that you may be using no longer work in Sierra. The Objective-C Garbage Collection used by these apps is deprecated and now Sierra has finally removed support for it, so you are out of luck if you hope to keep running on a newer Mac.

The IP that Apple purchased from Redmatica has barely been 5% implemented in Mainstage so it's not really an alternative to the above apps, I recommend you hang onto an earlier OS, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, El Capitan or investigate running a VM on your new brutally expensive emoji-bar luxury computers if you want to keep using them. There are some alternative apps with different workflows like Samplit. If someone cared enough they could try and get hold of Andrea Gozzi @ Apple and ask if he could recompile/tweak it but he'd probably not be allowed I guess.

I thought I'd had my last straw with Apple about a month ago, but I've had so many last straws since that I could build a haystack.
To be fair, those products were officially declared to be EOL years ago.
Old 19th November 2016
Lives for gear
Someone should make a new app that has all the functionality. There's a gap in the market for this.
Old 24th November 2016
Here for the gear

Anyone willing to sell a serial number for Keymap Pro 2?? I have installer but need a serial number.
Old 24th November 2016
JDN
Lives for gear

wow good thing I transferred about 25 years worth of custom samples from my hardware samples via autosampler in mainstage just last year! I still have the hardware samplers hooked up but just wanted a quick way to access most of my library in the DAW quickly. It's a shame as it's often the simplest option to transfer things like drum hits and loops and often the best sounding for the true character of the vintage samplers as the D/A converters were a part of the sound too for sure.
Old 25th November 2016
Here for the gear

Auto Sampler in Mainstage suck IMO, I still use AS on 10.8 or 10.10.5 systems. I tried it on my new macSirea with MainStage and didn't really like it that much.
Old 25th November 2016
JDN
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Empire View Post
Auto Sampler in Mainstage suck IMO, I still use AS on 10.8 or 10.10.5 systems. I tried it on my new macSirea with MainStage and didn't really like it that much.
Really? I owned the original redmatica Autosampler years ago but never kept up with it or updated it after using it for it's initial purpose. It still seemed to work as I remember in mainstage, but to be honest i was mainly transferring my custom drum hits and loops. There wasn't a lot of complex source samples or anything i was looking for it to do than to allow me to transfer the samples in great quality.
Old 30th November 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN View Post
Really? I owned the original redmatica Autosampler years ago but never kept up with it or updated it after using it for it's initial purpose. It still seemed to work as I remember in mainstage, but to be honest i was mainly transferring my custom drum hits and loops. There wasn't a lot of complex source samples or anything i was looking for it to do than to allow me to transfer the samples in great quality.
I kept a laptop running an older version of OSX so I can still use AS. It works great but I need to find a serial number to purchase for Keymap Pro 2. I have more use for Keymap Pro 2 then AutoSampler.
Old 1st December 2016
It is a bit of a doozey that it no longer works with current versions of OSX. With that said though, I am pretty impressed that it worked for as long as it did! I was partly prepared for it to stop working with when OSX 10.8 was released.

Does Autosampler in Mainstage allow you to export instruments in multiple formats (ie. Kontakt, Ableton, Reason, EX24, etc)?
Old 1st December 2016
JDN
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
It is a bit of a doozey that it no longer works with current versions of OSX. With that said though, I am pretty impressed that it worked for as long as it did! I was partly prepared for it to stop working with when OSX 10.8 was released.

Does Autosampler in Mainstage allow you to export instruments in multiple formats (ie. Kontakt, Ableton, Reason, EX24, etc)?
No, It only does it in EXS format. melodic synth sounds and things I just keep as EXS if I need. All the Drum hits and loops i want to regularly use, i just transferred to Battery and Kontact.
Old 5th December 2016
Gear Nut

EXS Manager 2.9.2 will still work on Sierra if that helps anyone. Must of been before Garbage Collection

I'm running the apps now on VMWare with OSX 10.11
Old 20th May 2018
Here for the gear
Before I decide to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan because of Pro Tools 2018 artifact issues that Avid just refuses to fix for us still on Yosemite can anyone provide information if Redmatica Autosampler 2 and Keymap Pro 2 works in El Capitan? I purchased these apps 2 months before he sold us out to monopolized Apple but after I thought I lost the serial he sent out in an email and I was able to find it on one of my 10 hard drives but I still use them both… I have an Alesis Fusion that has a ton of sounds I’m going to start converting/resampling to my Korg Kronos… I’ve been putting this off too long and should have started this a few years ago whenever I retired!! Any info is appreciated…
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search