The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moving iTunes library Studio Headphones
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Or you could just get a Google Play Music or Itunes Radio account and never have to think about this ever again... it's well worth the 8$ a month!
Thanks for the tip, it sounds like a good one...lifes to short for all this mither :face palm:

Thanks for everyones input.
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Nut

I'm glad things worked out for you, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1 View Post
some of my album artwork could not be downloaded
Are you getting an error message, or do you just notice that some art is missing? And I wonder if maybe you quit iTunes prematurely? When you first put your music in iTunes, he automatically starts looking for art, but it could take a while. If you quit right away, he will be interrupted, but I think he will automatically try to finish later. So maybe you could launch iTunes, and leave him open overnight, and then see if he automatically finds more art.

If he's not finding your artwork automatically, try this. Make sure you are signed in to the iTunes store. Select this command:

File > Library > Get Album Artwork.

This command automatically applies to your entire collection. He should start looking for art, and you should see a spinning progress indicator at the top right of your iTunes window. If you click on this indicator, you'll see some details about his progress.

Quote:
I am going to copy and paste your previous posts instructions so that i have them to hand if i hit this problem again.
Another way of doing that: you are probably getting email alerts from Gearslutz, when I reply to you in this thread. So if you make sure to save at least one of these emails in your email history, then all you would have to do in the future is just find the email. It would have a link to this thread. Or even without the email, you could find this thread on Gearslutz by searching in various ways.

Anyway, I'm glad you find this information useful, and it's good to realize that if you need it again in the future there's more than one way to locate it.
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
What is the volume label in the new system? Same as the old setup?
His internal and external drives are probably named the same as before, but this doesn't help him in any way. The main issue is that his old iTunes Library file is gone. This file tells iTunes where all his tracks are located. With this file gone, he absolutely must do something to tell iTunes where his tracks are located. He accomplished this by dragging his collection onto the iTunes icon.
Old 14th April 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Or you could just get a Google Play Music or Itunes Radio account and never have to think about this ever again
Those are both great systems, but they don't take the place of having your own collection, for multiple reasons:

- The essential characteristic of my own collection is that it was created by me only, for me only, over a period of many years. Because I've done a ton of work to throw things away, it contains no tracks that I don't want to hear. This means I can hit 'random' and know that I will like the results. This is not true when I am listening to a public system that contains millions of tracks.

- Those collections are big, but they're not perfectly comprehensive. My collection contains many tracks you will never find on those systems.

- Unless you're doing lossless streaming with a service like Tidal, then you are losing sound quality, compared with lossless tracks that came from a CD, or from download services that sell lossless tracks. The difference in quality is usually very small, but yes, I can often hear it.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search