The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid MTRX Audio Interfaces
Old 30th September 2016
  #1
Avid MTRX

http://www.avid.com/pro-tools-mtrx?c...gsoon,09302016

Thoughts? Looks really cool to me.

Last edited by Diogo C; 1st October 2016 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: Link updated, thanks.
Old 30th September 2016
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Stimmt's Avatar
 

Rebadged 3rd party hardware is always a sign of a healthy and vibrating R&D department.
Old 30th September 2016
  #3
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Whats the price?
Old 30th September 2016
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmt View Post
Rebadged 3rd party hardware is always a sign of a healthy and vibrating R&D department.
Well in all fairness, I think this seems like a smart executive decision to bring in a company who super understands hardware and already has knowledge and infrastructure to make a superior product to the one that you are making on your own. This makes you able to focus your resources on the thing you're actually known for: software.
Old 30th September 2016
  #5
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by meverylame View Post
This makes you able to focus your resources on the thing you're actually known for: software.
I thought they were known for ***ing their customers over at every possible opportunity?
Old 30th September 2016
  #6
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Its smart for DAD also because they dont have a big american market, this will bring them here now.
Old 30th September 2016
  #7
Lives for gear
 
jsvalmont's Avatar
The faceplate looks very meh to me, but the features sound awesome!
Old 30th September 2016
  #8
Dad should have their logo represented as well. I don't like the avid Tommy Hilfiger box logo. On the other hand I just spent 20 minutes researching DAD tech, what a cool company !
Old 30th September 2016
  #9
Lives for gear
 
jsvalmont's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
Dad should have their logo represented as well. I don't like the avid Tommy Hilfiger box logo. On the other hand I just spent 20 minutes researching DAD tech, what a cool company !
I don't know, I've always been quite partial to the Avid logo. I think it looks pretty darn cool. Now the box itself, that's another matter...
Old 30th September 2016
  #10
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
Dad should have their logo represented as well. I don't like the avid Tommy Hilfiger box logo. On the other hand I just spent 20 minutes researching DAD tech, what a cool company !
Their conversion is at the top of the pile
Old 30th September 2016
  #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
I don't know, I've always been quite partial to the Avid logo. I think it looks pretty darn cool. Now the box itself, that's another matter...
I like the logo and I like the color contrast I don't like how big it is and takes up so much space on the front of the box purple over silver looks stunning to me
Old 30th September 2016
  #12
Lives for gear
 
clip6's Avatar
 

Great HD i/o's just went down 10% on Ebay.

Last edited by clip6; 30th September 2016 at 11:50 PM..
Old 30th September 2016
  #13
Lives for gear
 
jsvalmont's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clip6 View Post
Great HD i/o's just went down 10%.
Actually that was part of the Pro Tools 12.6 HDX/HD Native price drop announcement earlier this month. All Avid I/Os got a $500 price drop across the board.
Old 1st October 2016
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Cgbravo's Avatar
 

5 stacks!
Old 1st October 2016
  #15
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgbravo View Post
5 stacks!
Fack, i bet thats naked too.No I/O included.
Old 1st October 2016
  #16
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Fack, i bet thats naked too.No I/O included.
Yeah if you poke around the internet for reviews, etc. of the DAD AX32 it's more like $10k loaded... and that doesn't include any possible avid up-charging.
Old 1st October 2016
  #17
Hey at least they dropped the Avid I/O 's about $500
Old 1st October 2016
  #18
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Yeah if you poke around the internet for reviews, etc. of the DAD AX32 it's more like $10k loaded... and that doesn't include any possible avid up-charging.
10k isnt bad loaded. Burl is about 16k loaded and Horus is about 15 loaded. But considering symphony mk2 is 7500 loaded...........
Old 1st October 2016
  #19
Lives for gear
 

$4,500 for chassis with all the connections, $2,000 for 8 channel A/D. $2,000 for 8 channel D/A is what I think they told me today at AES. So $12,500 for a 16 AD/DA unit. I think the pricing is the same. The big advantage is this works with Eucon, which none of the other Dante interfaces do.
Old 1st October 2016
  #20
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Its smart for DAD also because they dont have a big american market, this will bring them here now.
DAD also is already providing Dante solutions as well.
Old 3rd October 2016
  #21
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
$4,500 for chassis with all the connections, $2,000 for 8 channel A/D. $2,000 for 8 channel D/A is what I think they told me today at AES. So $12,500 for a 16 AD/DA unit. I think the pricing is the same. The big advantage is this works with Eucon, which none of the other Dante interfaces do.
if it has the Avid name on it .. in 2 years it will be 700.00 !!! i will never buy anything hardware that has the Avid name on it .. had enough gear that just loses value like a new car off the lot .. !! let the big production houses buy these ..

cheers john
Old 3rd October 2016
  #22
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmt View Post
Rebadged 3rd party hardware is always a sign of a healthy and vibrating R&D department.
What R&D dept?
Old 3rd October 2016
  #23
Lives for gear
 
deuc647's Avatar
 

U must have not gotten the sarcasm that was sent with that message.
Old 9th October 2016
  #24
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceames View Post
I thought they were known for ***ing their customers over at every possible opportunity?
hahahahahhahahah!

Cracked me up
Old 10th October 2016
  #25
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceames View Post
I thought they were known for ***ing their customers over at every possible opportunity?
our 15 year old 12 X 192's still work on HD 12 with our HDX systems connected to our SSL desks.

so I guess it's all relative.
Old 10th October 2016
  #26
Lives for gear
 
bigbone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
What R&D dept?
Research and development.
Old 11th October 2016
  #27
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Avid's R&D dept has been gone for a long time... at least as it once was 15 years ago.
Old 11th October 2016
  #28
Lives for gear
 
jsvalmont's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Avid's R&D dept has been gone for a long time... at least as it once was 15 years ago.
I don't see anything wrong with partnering with another company that has more expertise in a particular area to produce a joint product. Seems like pretty much a win/win to me.
Old 12th October 2016
  #29
MGA
Gear Addict
 
MGA's Avatar
 

I'd been looking very closely at the Focusrite Red 4/8pre solution due to the amount of Dante enabled gear I'm increasingly finding in venues for live recording, particularly musicals where the channel count is well above 32 Dante inputs, that being limited 32 Dante inputs on the Focusrites as prevented me from going down this route.

This Avid MTRX could be the ticket but I expect the price to be somewhat 4 x that of the Focusrites.
Old 13th October 2016
  #30
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
I don't see anything wrong with partnering with another company that has more expertise in a particular area to produce a joint product. Seems like pretty much a win/win to me.
I did not say there was anything wrong - it just goes to show how little has come from Avid as far as hardware in the past few years. In fact that they have partnered with Apogee a while back and this is no surprise - it's a trend for sure.
The interface market is really saturated and there have never been so many choices.
All of their recent efforts have been geared at the high end market and some trickle down has come S6-> S3-> Pro Tools Dock.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump