The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube AES Booth 427-DAW Control With Console 1- Control Surfaces
Old 29th September 2016
Softube AES Booth 427-DAW Control With Console 1-

-DAW Control With Console 1-

Ever since its introduction, Console 1 has worked in tandem with every major DAW on the market. Now, the next level of control is here. In Presonus Studio One and Cakewalk SONAR, vital DAW functions can be controlled right from the Console 1 hardware—allowing an even smoother workflow. The update will be available in October, but you can see it at AES Los Angeles 2016 (booth 427).

The new control functions are:

Track Selection
The new Console 1 software allows the DAW track selection to be reflected in Console 1 and vice versa.

Volume and Pan
As always, the Console 1 Output Volume and Pan knobs can be used to control the corresponding settings in the Console 1 software—but they can now also be switched over to control the pan knob and volume fader on the selected DAW track.

Solo and Mute
The Solo and Mute can also be switched to control the selected DAW track or—as previously—to control these settings in the Console 1 software.

DAW Send Levels
Hold Shift and control the selected DAW track's send levels directly from the Console 1 hardware.

Visit us at our AES 2016 booth (427) and check out the new features!
Old 29th September 2016
Lives for gear

Great. Now bring it to Pro Tools!
Old 29th September 2016
Gear Head

Great news!! I can't wait to use it and streamline my workflow!!
Old 29th September 2016
Gear Nut
Perfect, I've been waiting for this for a while now.
Old 29th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
Great. Now bring it to Pro Tools!
And Logic Pro
Old 30th September 2016
Reaper please!
Old 1st October 2016
Gear Addict

+1 for Pro Tools! Even just the channel select. That would be crucial.
Old 1st October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist9891 View Post
+1 for Pro Tools! Even just the channel select. That would be crucial.
It would be fantastic. But Avid won't play ball.
Old 1st October 2016
News Desk Editor

Old 2nd October 2016
Here for the gear
Fantastic!
Old 3rd October 2016
Gear Nut

I was so excited when I read the title of this thread, and then so immediately disappointed when I read it was only for Sonar and Studio One. Wasn't this already announced for Studio One a few months back?

Why not bring to Pro Tools, Logic and Cubase?? Aren't those the most used daw's??
Old 3rd October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliderman View Post
I was so excited when I read the title of this thread, and then so immediately disappointed when I read it was only for Sonar and Studio One. Wasn't this already announced for Studio One a few months back?

Why not bring to Pro Tools, Logic and Cubase?? Aren't those the most used daw's??
From what's been said before by Softube, these features also require cooperation by the DAW developer, and so far they're not playing ball. I'm sure Apple and Stienberg could be persuaded with enough pestering.
Old 4th October 2016
Lives for gear

I think the problem is Avid and Steinberg make control surfaces as well. but man I've been asking Steinberg for years for a multi fader control surface. An 8 or 16 channel version of their CC121 would be amazing.
Old 4th October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chris View Post
I think the problem is Avid and Steinberg make control surfaces as well. but man I've been asking Steinberg for years for a multi fader control surface. An 8 or 16 channel version of their CC121 would be amazing.
Yes but strictly speaking this not a control surface. It's not intended to control the DAW, but....... having it not sync with selected track and automatically follow the track order (if re-ordered) makes it clunky to slide into your workflow. The additional DAW track level, solo and pan control is a great addition to make it improve your workflow and keep your hands off back and forth with the mouse.
Old 5th October 2016
Gear Addict
I love tactile control, used the original 4k C1 a lot, enjoy the sound of the "UK" EQ, but right now the Console 1 sits on a shelf. It NEEDS synced track selection!
I don´t need volume or pan control and whatnot, but TRACK SELECTION synced is vital. There is just no coherent workflow without it, and i tried a lot...

crying out loudly for: Track Selection Sync! In Logic Pro!

[read: Apple, pleaaaaaaseee!]
Old 5th October 2016
Lives for gear

I've sold mine last month, nice controller, great plugins, but totally BRICKS workflow in Cubase. Not workable without back and forth cross checking / referencing all the time. Having bought mine before the pricedrop and having to pay ilok transfer fees to transfer to new owner . I lost €500 in 12 months. A raw deal. Lesson learned.
Back to Cubase stock EQ via EUCON.
Old 7th October 2016
Here for the gear
When will this be available?
Old 7th October 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
I've sold mine last month, nice controller, great plugins, but totally BRICKS workflow in Cubase. Not workable without back and forth cross checking / referencing all the time. Having bought mine before the pricedrop and having to pay ilok transfer fees to transfer to new owner . I lost €500 in 12 months. A raw deal. Lesson learned.
Back to Cubase stock EQ via EUCON.
Yep, I've sat it out waiting for intergration in Cubase.

The concpet is great but without DAW track sync in Cubase workflow is hindered not enhanced.

Shame.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search