The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Metric Halo 3D Card @ AES 2016? Audio Interfaces
Old 13th February 2017
Gear Nut
I'm one of those die hard fans. I have had a ULN-8 for about 5 years, and about a year ago I decided it was time to add more i/o to my studio. So, my options were to either sell the ULN-8 for about $2k, and get an Antelope Goliath, or add a LIO-8 to my setup. Both options would cost me approximately the same amount. It was a tough decision between going with 2 metric halo interfaces which came out like 7 or 8 years ago, or the brand new Antelope Goliath.
I ended up going with the Metric Halo for the following reasons,
- I don't know how Antelope's conversion would compare with Metric Halo's, but I do know that metric halo's conversion is extremely good, and there's not much, if any, room for improvement on it.
- Metric halo's built in DSP is really good, and I use them a lot. The e.q. compression and reverb are my "go to's" for mixing.
- Metric halo has extremely flexible signal routing. I can create aux sends from any inputs to any outputs (within the same device). I use this extensively when doing a live recording of a full band. Each player gets a realtime, custom headphone mix.

So, ya, the metric halo stuff is old and ready for an update, but it still competes with any of the top interfaces. They've been promising an update for more than 2 years, maybe even 3, I can't really remember, and they don't seem to be following through with it. I am excited about the possibility of updating these interfaces, because then they'll be even better, but for now, even the way they are, I'm really happy that I have them.
Metric Halo is one of several brands making a top quality interface. At this level, it's not a matter of which one is better, but more a matter of which one suits your particular needs the best.
Old 6th July 2017
Lives for gear

Bump!

The wait between Born To Run & Darkness On The Edge Of Town was 3 years... and The River came 2 & 1/2 years after!!!!

Good things come to those who suffer & wait .... although the whole UAD Apollo chainable systems seem really nice right now.

Let's hope MH is to DAW Interfaces as Bruce Springsteen is to albums!!!!

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!

Metric Halooooooooooo .... nah, not the same.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search