The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for Mario Kart 64 Synth ! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 26th September 2016
Here for the gear

Looking for Mario Kart 64 Synth !

Hello
Im looking for synth, either hardware of software that can produce some sounds like the ones u hear in Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario World 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmFmp7Gw80

I already got the DX7
Old 26th September 2016
Lives for gear

Not sure what he used, but it sounds like a ROMPLER. Take a look at Roland JV1080, Korg Trinity etc. The insertruments were probably sampled and replayed live from a MIDI file by the N64.
Old 28th September 2016
Gear Head
Not 100% sure. Can vouch that the JV1080 is a fun one to have though.

NES (and I think SNES) were synths triggered by the game but N64 had recorded audio.
Old 28th September 2016
SNES and N64 both just played PCM samples, like Kontakt does. There is a utility that apparently can rip the different musical soundbanks directly from the game's ROM into soundfonts. I've never tried using it, but this seems to be exactly what you're looking for:

https://banjosbackpack.com/forums/sh...Soundbank-Tool
Old 28th September 2016
Old 28th September 2016
Old 29th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexff View Post
This is more bleep-and-bloop type stuff like the NES did. Not what OP is asking for, since the N64 did not bleep-and-bloop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medienhexer View Post
This will cover NES, but not SNES, I think:

Plogue | chipsounds :: 8-bit soft synth
Again, Mario Kart 64 is a N64 game. Not relevant.

Pairing the thing I posted above with a ROM of the original Mario Kart 64 game will be the closest thing that OP can get, paired with some way to import Soundfonts into Kontakt, or some other program that plays them back directly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search