The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PC interface to pair with stellar cm6 + bae dmp Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd September 2016
Gear Head

PC interface to pair with stellar cm6 + bae dmp

Thinking of going with the windows version of the ua apollo twin solo, any other suggestions?

Given I will be using the interface solely for conversion is it worth forking out $1400 australian dollars for the apollo or are their cheaper alternatives with similar or just as good conversion quality?
Old 25th September 2016
csj
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollotrife View Post
Thinking of going with the windows version of the ua apollo twin solo, any other suggestions?

Given I will be using the interface solely for conversion is it worth forking out $1400 australian dollars for the apollo or are their cheaper alternatives with similar or just as good conversion quality?
Sure but latency may be an issue
the first option that comes to mind is a Steinberg UR824
But with the UA you get UA Vst's but other than the UR824 i don't think you'll get better or different AD/DA quality with anything else in that price range and the UR824 may not be a big change from the UA
_________
I wouldn't upgrade for a AD/DA converter from the UA unless its in a different class with all the big names that im sure you know
_________
But if you want to speed money
Warm Audio WA76 or Warm Audio la2a
VINTECH Audio X73i used - Daking FET II used
I like the sound of the Wa76 but all would give you a great vox

Just my 2cents
Hope it helps
Old 28th September 2016
Gear Head

Thanks for the input man, I'll have a look at the steinberg now, Iv'e been looking at the spl crimson and audient id22 also, the crimson goes for around 1250-1300 australian dollars where as the audient is pretty much half the price sitting at around $699 australian, conversion quality, driver reliability, compatibility with pt 12 are all the heavily considered attributes and another biggie would be being able to fully bypass the interface preamp
Old 28th September 2016
Gear Head

Oh and latency like you say!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search