The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum sequencer DAW Software
Old 12th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Drum sequencer

hii slutz..

could anybody suggest a minimally priced basic drum sequencer - i.e simple grid / box style where I can build a sequence and with capabilitiy of loading samples?

I currently have Arturia Spark 2 & while I like it, it's a bit overkill for what I need.

thanks in advance
Old 12th September 2016
Gear Maniac

I think Korg's Electribe 2 or an Arturia Beatstep is what you're looking for.
Old 12th September 2016
Gear Maniac

thanks for the input, was hoping for an inexpensive software solution - i.e. so I can sell my spark 2 software & put the money into other areas
Old 12th September 2016
Lives for gear

Korg's iElectribe, Elastic, and even GB on the iPad are all packaged well. Collectively, and with well times purchases, that's 25-30 in total expenditure, and you can sync up with other packages.

Some of the DAW solutions, and most notably Logic's / GB on MacOS, are exclellent. Ableton's drum racks too. Both can be loaded with effects across various sub-aux channels too. Go for Live Standard in lieu of the suite, and it's on sales till tomorrow. Logic is always 199 USD, though people do use iTunes coupons to bring the cost down. It can be very deep, and the somewhat dated Ultrabeat adds an oft overlooked, excellent sequencer built in.

Ableton Racks are built into 'DAW Lore,' if such a concept truly exists.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search