The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
adobe audition vs sony sound forge
Old 11th September 2016
Deleted User
adobe audition vs sony sound forge

hi to all,

for many years now i am working with adobe's audition 2 but i think it's time to move on a better and newer sound editing software

i have to say that it is really very easy for anybody to working with adobe's audition 2 (especially on sound edit) but i have the impression that it's sound quality is not crystal clear

i have been told that sony's soundforge studio 10 (euros 45 from ebay) is a much better program with top quality sound as well

please, i wish to have your comments
Old 11th September 2016
Gear Addict

What do you do audio wise? What's your workflow?
Old 11th September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonick View Post
hi to all,

for many years now i am working with adobe's audition 2 but i think it's time to move on a better and newer sound editing software

i have to say that it is really very easy for anybody to working with adobe's audition 2 (especially on sound edit) but i have the impression that it's sound quality is not crystal clear

i have been told that sony's soundforge studio 10 (euros 45 from ebay) is a much better program with top quality sound as well

please, i wish to have your comments
If you are on Windows, perhaps, if a Mac, most definitely not.
Old 11th September 2016
Lives for gear

No difference in audio quality. Maybe processing. Sound forge is now owned by Magix. It's future is uncertain. eBay software may not be legit. I have used both. I use Wavelab exclusively for editing now.
Old 11th September 2016
Lives for gear

you can get audition 3 for free. i recently brought out my old netbook and loaded up audition 3 and am using v-studio 20 as my interface because I really wanted to try a little different work flow for a change. its quite refreshing to try something new. i do mostly guitar and vocal track demos on it. i can't really tell the difference in audo quality but i can see that audition 3 has a whole bunch of higher sample and audio rates than what is the default.
Old 12th September 2016
Deleted User
hi to all and many thanks for the replies

yes, i am still working with windows xp 32 bits

for the moment i am working with vst instruments (korg legacy collection, reason 3 and with some free vsti as well)

i always render my wave file as 96 khz @ 24 bits

yes, i know that magix owns now sound forge and i am wondering why magix done this

magix sequoia and samplitude are real pro grade programs

the sound forge studio i am referring is original from ebay shop
Old 12th September 2016
Gear Addict

You could try out Reaper for free, if you want a cheap but capable DAW.
Old 13th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Robot View Post
You could try out Reaper for free, if you want a cheap but capable DAW.
Serioiusly, one in EVERY SINGLE THREAD!

Guy is looking for a 2-track editor, not a multitrack DAW. Reaper can do what he wants, but it isn't the best tool for the job...

OP, personally, I've gotten used to Wavelab for 2-track duties (due to stubbornness), but I used Adobe Auditon CC for years before that. It is more than good at what it does. That being said, I have it for "free" with my CC subscription (mostly for Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere), so to me the cost isn't an issue (I'd be paying for it anyway)...
Old 13th September 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dented42ford View Post
Serioiusly, one in EVERY SINGLE THREAD!

Guy is looking for a 2-track editor, not a multitrack DAW. Reaper can do what he wants, but it isn't the best tool for the job...
Calm down kid.
Op is using VSTis and Reason. I didn't say he has to use it but maybe trying out a DAW makes him explore other areas. And testing is free.
Old 13th September 2016
Deleted User
hi to all,

many thanks to all for the replies,

earlier today i have tried a trial version of sound forge 6 and it not bad at all

sound forge 6 is too old (2002-2003) and dos not have have all the features of the audition 2 but is sound good on my ears

i will try to find from ebay an old sound forge 10 pro version and if the price is cheap then i will order it

thanks again
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search