The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are your must-have Softube plugins? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear
What are your must-have Softube plugins?

So I love Softube and everything they've done with NI. I'm only getting around now to trying out a lot of their non-NI products and there are just so many to choose from.

Which are your standout must-have Softube plugins guys?

Thanks
Fotis
Old 8th September 2016
Here for the gear
CL1B,Tonelux tile and modular! and some of the uad exclusive amp simulator
Old 8th September 2016
Here for the gear

The FET-compressor is my go-to for character compresson, using the ratio settings below nuke gives just the right amount of saturation.
Old 8th September 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Drawmer 1973, TLA 100A.
Old 8th September 2016
Here for the gear

I tested everything and bought FET comp, which I love and the Trident A Range, which while the controls are kind of backwards, I also love.
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Addict

Hi I love the TubeTech cs on bass and vocals and Summit Audio cs on vocals, its a default.
Sadly I have to sell them now. Will keep just the Console 1
Still have the Summit in the classifieds, let me know if you are interested.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

I often use the Summit TLA-100A, albeit on the UAD-2 platform. It's a great compressor to have in your arsenal. I like the variable sidechain hpf and saturation knobs. I use it on sources I want to 'round over' or mellow out a bit.
Old 9th September 2016
Gear Head

Console 1 is the best thing I have bought in years.

Sure, it's not cheap, but the upgrade in both sound and workflow is invaluable.
Old 9th September 2016
Lives for gear

I know they are stupid simple, but that brilliance pack is amazing. Was never a fan of their receiver looking EQs and comps.
Old 9th September 2016
I use the Softube versions for Reason (called RE's - Rack Extensions).

Spring Reverb works very well sitting under a vocal or lead instrument, also does 'twangy' well for guitars; TSAR reverb sounds classy if used subtly and also mimics classic gear well.

The Trident EQ is quite powerful: nice high-end air and mid-bite on non-sibilant sources; the low-mids work well for adding body to drums; and the bass boost/resonance is nice especially with the 50Hz HPF on. Doesn't work on everything.

The FET compressor has a nice grabby bite and the side-chain filters, ratios and mix control add a lot of flexibility. It's quite precise in comparison to my Warm Audio WA76.

Overall (and especially since moving OTB more) I notice that the Softube plug-ins can sometimes be a bit bright and clinical and that isn't always what's needed...but if I need precision and authenticity they have that.

I demo'ed the Tube Tech plug-ins and was impressed at the smoothness and presence but I decided to invest in hardware instead (which is working out well).
Old 9th September 2016
Gear Nut

I entered in the Softube world a few years ago and I am really happy about every single plugin I bought.
Old 9th September 2016
Lives for gear
Thanks so much, will take on all your feedback when trying out more stuff
Old 9th September 2016
The Softube 'Saturation Knob' is a great free plug-in: Softube - Saturation Knob
Old 9th September 2016
Tonelux tilt is cool, also use the Trident eq and TSAR-1 and passive/active pack. Could live without them, to be honest... But Trident has nice character and the Tonelux is useful for pushing sounds into the mix or pulling them out in front. Bass and presence bands on the passive eq are quite nice too
Old 9th September 2016
Gear Nut

I use a hardware Tube Tech SMC2B everyday and still I've been gassing to grab the Softube 'Classic Channel' Tube-Tech modelled line for some nice relaxing blue on the screen too...

I don't actually ever want or need another plugin compressor or eq, and TBH I find the TT plugs a little on the expensive side, but I'm still gonna do it at some stage!
Old 9th September 2016
Console 1, the Summit channel and the excellent briliance pack.
Old 9th September 2016
Lives for gear

My favourites are Heartbeat, Transient Shaper and the Summit TLA-100A. I'm not as fond of the Summit EQ, but I feel the same way about the hardware version of the Summit EQ.

Last edited by Steamy Williams; 12th September 2016 at 05:28 PM..
Old 9th September 2016
Old 9th September 2016
I think most of the Softube plugs are very good, even if they're not all that close to the original hardware. There's one that is stunningly close to the real deal though, the Valley People Dyna-mite. They nailed this unit to the point of it being spooky close to the hardware. Again the other plugs are very good, but if you're interested in having software dynamics that is essential akin to hardware
Old 12th September 2016
Lives for gear

I Like the Summit tech plus that new Trident plugin is looking pretty damn sexy. I'd have a Console One if I could afford it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search