The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Babyface Pro for 5.1 mixing Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd September 2016
Gear Head

Babyface Pro for 5.1 mixing

I have a Babyface Pro interface. What do I need to do to be able to mix and monitor in 5.1?

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to connect all the speakers. Is it spdif out to some sort of decoder where I connect speakers? What if I wanted to keep my stereo monitors connected to the main XLR outputs and then add the LFE and surrounds on a per project basis.

Or is this just not the right interface for this?
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijon View Post
I have a Babyface Pro interface. What do I need to do to be able to mix and monitor in 5.1?

I'm mainly trying to figure out how to connect all the speakers. Is it spdif out to some sort of decoder where I connect speakers? What if I wanted to keep my stereo monitors connected to the main XLR outputs and then add the LFE and surrounds on a per project basis.

Or is this just not the right interface for this?
Not enough I/O without adding another piece of hardware. You could add an ADAT D to A converter that would give you 8 additional outs. TotalMixFX works fine for multi channel monitoring.
Old 2nd September 2016
Gear Head

Thanks. Would the behringer ada8200 be a good option for this? And would TotalMix let me keep my main stereo monitors on the Babyface and have surrounds and sub on the converter? I am mostly mixing in stereo but adding 5.1 for occasional projects.
Old 2nd September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijon View Post
Thanks. Would the behringer ada8200 be a good option for this? And would TotalMix let me keep my main stereo monitors on the Babyface and have surrounds and sub on the converter? I am mostly mixing in stereo but adding 5.1 for occasional projects.
Yes and yes.
Old 6th October 2018
Here for the gear

Can i somehow plug straight from RME Babyface Pro Optical Output to the 5.1 Speakers since my 5.1 speakers has an optical input???
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search