The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Software or Plugin Sampler? DAW Software
Old 2nd September 2016
Software or Plugin Sampler?

Maybe this is really obvious and I just don't know where to look, but I'm curious if anyone knows and can recommend a software or plugin that acts like an old hardware sampler? ie where you insert or select a sample of audio and are able to use midi to trigger it in a sequencer, where you can use a midi keyboard to raise/lower the pitch in real time?

I am aware of otherways of doing these things manually, in the box, and placing samples into a track one at a time, but I'm thinking that a sampler of the kind I'm after would speed up the workflow.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using a pc with Sonar X3 Studio, so anything solely mac-based would be interesting to know about, but not of much immediate practical use. Cheers.
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

NI battery is nice and solid. Load your cells & sample away!
Old 2nd September 2016
Gear Addict

Tal sampler?
Old 2nd September 2016
Old 2nd September 2016
Gear Maniac

here's a freebee Downloads - TX16Wx Software Sampler
Old 2nd September 2016
Gear Addict

Tal Sampler, it's got lots of mojo and the sound is great. Very old school.
Old 3rd September 2016
Lives for gear

Doesn't Sonar still come with a sampler.

It used to come with Dimension a long time ago I have not messed with Sonar for over a decade maybe more, but you can load samples into Dimension, key map them, create multi's and keyboard layers. All modern samplers still work like the old samplers you just have to dig under the hood.
Old 3rd September 2016
Gear Addict

Yeah, or is it called vsampler?
Old 14th September 2016
Thank you all for the replies. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet as I've been snowed-under with other stuff but will report back when I've had a go.

I'm a big fan of all the TAL plugins so will definitely look into their sampler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCHON View Post
It used to come with Dimension a long time ago I have not messed with Sonar for over a decade maybe more, but you can load samples into Dimension, key map them, create multi's and keyboard layers. All modern samplers still work like the old samplers you just have to dig under the hood.
Yeah it comes with a version of Dimension, but I don't/didn't know about loading my own samples in there. Will definitely give it a shot. Thanks.

The problem with Sonar, or my version of it is that it doesn't come with much of a manual. It has a booklet for shortcuts, and help section you can search with, but no real guide on how to use everything so I've been working it all out as I go along, occasionally using tutorials and forums etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search