The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone have trouble with Waves install? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 23rd August 2016
Here for the gear

Anyone have trouble with Waves install?

Picked up a copy of the CLA drums program drum on sale .. was an impulse buy but seemed like it could really add some mojo to my drums rater than dicking around myself. I can't get it to install! I keep getting a windows error. There seems to be a path issue. I have used their troubleshooting guides and used support as well. They suggest I check with windows and we all know what that means.. whatever it is, I can't find a work around.

---

If you are getting the error "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll", please follow the instructions here to install the Microsoft update as the update is crucial to resolve this issue.

If you are experiencing any issues during installation of the update, please contact Microsoft support for assistance.

----

Anybody ever get anywhere with Microsoft? What a waste of cash at this point... no wonder I usually stick to free stuff. Running WIN7!
Old 23rd August 2016
Gear Addict

You probably need to install a pre-requisite software or do a windows update.

Maybe a Microsoft Visual C update or similar..
Old 23rd August 2016
Lives for gear

Can't give you a specific answer, but these may help:

The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in - Microsoft Community

https://blog.spreendigital.de/2015/0...hi-10-seattle/ (mentions installing a VC++ redistributable)

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/e...ffice2016.html

This isn't Waves fault, it's a missing Windows file by the look of things. Anyway, CLA drums is a decent plugin, certainly helps you zone in to a decent sound quickly.
Old 23rd August 2016
Gear Maniac

I ran into this after reinstalling Windows 7. It's a missing update. Here's the link to the solution from Waves' site:

“Entry Point Not Found” Message in Waves Central | Support | Waves
Old 24th August 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
I ran into this after reinstalling Windows 7. It's a missing update. Here's the link to the solution from Waves' site:

“Entry Point Not Found” Message in Waves Central | Support | Waves
Unfortunately tried that a few times and no go.. I will check some of the other links. Too bad really because since I don't have the plugin working, I just EQ'd and compressed my own drums and they sound pretty good to my ears. Probably didn't really need the plugin in the end but for the price it intrigued me!
Old 23rd April 2017
Gear Nut

Question

Has anyone who got this error figured out how to get the .dll properly installed?
I uninstalled and reinstalled all Visual C++ Redistributables (for all years and for all 32-bit & 64-bit versions) and Waves Central.exe still gives the error. This exact error occurs on two separate computers.

"The program can't start because api-sys-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

System information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Thanks for any help!
- Mike
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search