The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
livid ds1 as small, effective daw controller/mixer (for sonar)? Control Surfaces
Old 21st August 2016
Gear Addict

livid ds1 as small, effective daw controller/mixer (for sonar)?

i'm using sonar and a roland vstudio 100 as my daw/interface combo. which apparently limits my options for controllers a little.

the icon qcon pro x isn't out yet, the slate touch thing is still ios only, and the behringer xtouch is a behringer.

but i found out about the livid ds1 today and it looks like it could be a useful mixer/controller. its also several hundred dollars cheaper than the other things i was considering. but it was unceremoniously discontinued and is a little scare now. not much info to be found on it, for whatever reason.

i won't be tracking through it, just mixing, if that helps. just want to get some knobs and faders into my life. not sure if this is a cheap and easy way to do it, or i should just wait for one of the above listed controllers. something like the mackie or vstudio 700 would be a little excessive for me, but i guess i'd consider them if they were cheap enough. only doing low track count acoustic singer/songwriter type stuff for now, so i don't need much, just something usb or compliant with my vstudio 100.
Old 22nd August 2016
Gear Addict

Crickets
Old 12th May 2018
Lives for gear

Question for any DS-1 owners: Can you move to the next (and previous) 8 channels in your Live session by assigning two of the buttons in the right grid to a left and right? It seems in most videos people mention things like "you only have 8 channels" etc. Most fader controllers allow you to move fully to other banks of channels.

Thanks for your time!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search