The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plugins for an indie-pop band
Old 19th August 2016
Here for the gear

Plugins for an indie-pop band

Does anybody know what plugins are those bands using? And what plugins are good for this style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szE3DTbtqw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY
Old 19th August 2016
Deleted User
Judging from the radio, these guys are the biggest pop-rap act in the world currently, so I'm trying to understand what you mean by the "indie" angle so I could better give an answer. This isn't my kind of music at all however their sound does grab you on the radio - but I think they're basically using the same plugins every other pop act is using.
Old 19th August 2016
Lives for gear

No. There are no genres for plugins.
Old 19th August 2016
Lives for gear

The producer and engineer are using good ones.
Old 19th August 2016
Here for the gear
Have you look a waves?
Old 19th August 2016
Here for the gear

I just wanted to know what plugins(synths) do they use. And what plugins are good for an indie-pop band Thanks!
Old 19th August 2016
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfwilliams View Post
I just wanted to know what plugins(synths) do they use. And what plugins are good for an indie-pop band Thanks!
Ah,gotcha, "plugins" are synths now. You're right, that synth in the chorus totally makes the song. I don't know the exact synth but what you want is something spooky with portamento and add some nice reverb. GFunk 2.0, suburban white boy edition.
Old 19th August 2016
Here for the gear

Sorry! I mean I'd like to know what synths are Twenty one Pilots using
Old 19th August 2016
Gear Maniac
oh boy...
Old 20th August 2016
Here for the gear

Sorry! Shame But who could help?:c
Old 20th August 2016
Gear Addict

Lol
Old 20th August 2016

This is a totally cart-before-horse, bass-ackward way of making, thinking about, or even trying to appreciate music. It will result in ongoing frustration, doom and horrible results if pursued. Even if the Q is a 'which synth plugin'. Six of one, half dozen of practically any other decent synth will get a trained user 'there.'

The better answer to a bad question is simply this: any number of EQs, compressors, delays, verbs, softsynths, etc., etc., will do just fine, assuming first of all, one knows how to actually use them well and also assuming the musicians have lots and lots of actual talent. I have to assume the goal is to produce something of quality and the question not being asked merely to keep track of which plugins people use.

Eventually, someone will issue a Real Talent plugin and then the question really will become academic and only asked in interviews to help sell magazines and please the advertisers.
Old 21st August 2016
Here for the gear

Thank you very much!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search