The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Double post - please delete, thanks.
Old 18th August 2016
Gear Head
Double post - please delete, thanks.

Hello,

I am having an issue with my PC DAW, which is only becoming apparent after I have moved away from external DSP and raised my project settings to 96kHz.

It would seem that these two actions have raised the strain on the CPU, which was expected, but I am running into issues where 100 plugins across 25 or so tracks is causing my system to seriously glitch into an unworkable state.

I had thought that my CPU is quite strong, though I wonder whether it is the graphics card which is causing the problem. My specs are below, please let me know if you need any more specs.

I am wondering whether I am expecting too much from my CPU; if so, then that is a problem which I can not do much about but if it is a hardware conflict, then perhaps there is something I can do.

I have followed Steinbergs optimization guides with respect to disabling Optimus, Speedstep, hyperthreading, C-states. I have even switched them all back on and noticed no decrease in performance. I have even engaged Optimus so the Intel graphics card pops up, just so I can disable the Nvidia, but no luck here.

Dell E6530
i7 3rd Gen Quad Core 2.6GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia MVS5200
Windows 8.1 and 10 have shown the problem
Cubase 8.0.40 64bit

Many thanks!

Last edited by bbk; 18th August 2016 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Double post
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search