The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is it possible to put plugins on main computer output ? Equalizer Plugins
Old 15th August 2016
Here for the gear

Is it possible to put plugins on main computer output ?

I made some accoustic corrections in Fabfilter ProQ due to bad room and I always put it on my master channel whenever I make music.

I wonder if its possible to use ProQ outside my DAW, for example when I listen music from youtube.

Any clues ?
Old 15th August 2016
Gear Addict

Windows or Mac? You might find it doesn't sound so great on bad encodes as well, because you're boosting a much lesser quality signal.

You could just use this plug in for Chrome, per website EQ, pretty decent tbh. You can save presets too.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...analelglmfooik
Old 15th August 2016
On Mac use audio hijack. Perfect for what you want.
Old 15th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayk3l View Post
I made some accoustic corrections in Fabfilter ProQ due to bad room and I always put it on my master channel whenever I make music.

I wonder if its possible to use ProQ outside my DAW, for example when I listen music from youtube.

Any clues ?
It is on PC at least. You'll have to do some searching, because I can't remember the name of the program, but it does some rerouting in your system.

I wanted to use ARC2 in there (you should check it out, I think it'll help you room way more than what you are doing), but it wound up being a pita
Old 15th August 2016
Gear Head

With my Soundcard (EMU1820m) I can route the Main Windows Sound into my DAW and out. So check out if you can route the main output channels of your soundcard into your DAW
Old 16th August 2016
Gear Head
I just wish VLC would use plugins, and better than the current foobar2000 implementation.
VST3, etc...
Old 16th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggz View Post
I just wish VLC would use plugins, and better than the current foobar2000 implementation.
VST3, etc...

VLC with plugins would be fantastic.
Old 16th August 2016
Gear Addict

Yes, it is possible. You need VB Audio Cable and Pedalboard (both are free). Watch this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQdBH2FfbA8
Old 17th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
VLC with plugins would be fantastic.
One way of doing it https://nirklars.wordpress.com/2014/...t-vst-support/

Although not very tidy.
Old 17th August 2016
Lives for gear

DDMF Virtual Audio Stream will do what you want.
Old 17th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverV View Post
DDMF Virtual Audio Stream will do what you want.
I grabbed this, but can't figure out how to use it with ASIO. The virtual IO don't show up, only my ASIO IO

Edit, it still works fine as originally requested in the OP. I was hoping to use it from my DAW also. In otherwords, have no plugin in the daw, just have everything in the computer go through this on the way out. I guess I can live with this.

Oh, it's only $29
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search