The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Voxengo - new updated freebies and AAX support!
Old 13th August 2016
Lives for gear

Voxengo - new updated freebies and AAX support!

Maybe everyone is aware of that, but couple days ago, Aleksey Vaneev has released new updates for MSED and StereoTouch..
Plugins are based on new framework and it's first release with AAX support.
Hooray!

MSED is IMO super useful addon to Pro Tools plugin arsenal.. It was one of last platforms, where wasn't available any solid M/S encoder and decoder for free.
It's versatile.. not only for decoding of M/S miced tracks, but also for in-line matrix adjustment, soloing of MID/SIDE components in monitoring path.
You can insert MSED before and after any multi-mono plugin to convert it to M/S operation mode.
Similarly, you can duplicate tracks or create aux tracks with independent treatment of MID and SIDE.

Similarly recent update of free SPAN analyzer also with AAX support is just great.

Kudos to Aleksey for those useful tools!

Michal

Last edited by msmucr; 13th August 2016 at 10:02 PM..
Old 13th August 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Yup, great freebees.

If you haven't already, check out the free Boogex, too. It's fantastic with Fender Rhodes libraries.
Old 13th August 2016
Lives for gear

Good mention about Boogex, @ Tui
I don't really play guitar through it, but it's definitely useful for plugin in the sonic palette.. Its saturation, convolution in speaker simulator module and specific reverb are all good for general sonic transformation or enrichment.. not just for guitar tracks.

Michal
Old 13th August 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Voxengo's EQs just do it for me. They'd be my choice for the desert island.
Old 15th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Voxengo's EQs just do it for me. They'd be my choice for the desert island.
Yes I recall, we discussed, you like the PrimeEQ at pianos.

To me all of his plugins are very well designed and implemented.

Although sound satisfaction with particular effect might be entirely subjective thing for anyone's taste and material, Voxengo plugins engineering is at very high level to me.
From processing with low amount of artifacts through CPU efficiency to very good UIs with lot of built-in features (Clickless bypass, where that matters, knobs with numeric entry accepting K suffix for frequencies, touch support with on-screen keyboard, A/B comparison, built-in preset system independent on used DAW, flexible I/O routing at multi-channel versions).
UI is also very nice for eyes with good contrast and switchable color schemes. Feature-set is also nicely integrated, which means to me, that if I want to use it, it's easy to reach, but plugin looks compact without being incredibly busy with overwhelming amount of lookalike controls.
With all of that attributes, it's one of best out there IMO.. actually beating most of much more expensive plugins, similarly like Fabien's TDR.

Plugin are subsequently being ported also to AAX format.
Currently not all of them are available, for example another great freebie TubeAmp isn't (Its mode 2 works wonders for subtle adding of weight), but to sum that up, I'm very happy for Aleksey's efforts.

Michal
Old 15th August 2016
Great news - thanks for sharing this Michal, and thank you Aleksey for doing this!
Old 16th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Elephant was the first plugin I ever bought, back in 2003. I still use it all the time.
Old 15th September 2016
Lives for gear

Voxengo MSED received a nice update today.
Voxengo MSED 3.0 free mid-side encoder-decoder plugin released - Press Release | Voxengo

There's added correlation meter, stereo direction meter and vectorscope. Those features works also in bypass mode, so you can use it just for metering.

Michal
Old 15th September 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search