The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
multiple lynx aes 16 cards in logic
Old 21st February 2007

multiple lynx aes 16 cards in logic

Hi

I am having trouble figuring out how to get logic to recognize both my new Lynx AES 16 cards at the same time.

In the hardware and drivers I can only select EITHER AES 1 or AES 2, which only gives me 16 simultaneous ins and outs (8 stereo pairs)

How do I get it to show all 32 ins and outs (ie. both cards) at the same time?

I had a search through the manual but it doesn't really address this, asides from saying it can be done.

I have both cards synced to incoming digital signal, so I don't need the internal sync cable.

thanks
narco
Old 21st February 2007

found it on their website
Quote:
Macintosh OS X

Up to four Lynx cards can be installed in a single Macintosh running OSX. Running the driver once will provide support for all cards installed. If a card(s) is added to an existing installation, a Lynx Mixer will be created for that card on first boot (remember that the new cards must be programmed with the Mac firmware before they will be usable). Under OSX 10.2 and 10.3, multiple cards cannot be utilized by a single Core Audio application at one time, except for Digital Performer 4. Starting with OSX 10.4 Aggregate Device Support allows multiple cards to be used by any multi-track Core Audio application.

To create an aggregate device, open Applications > Utilities > Audio/MIDI setup. Click Audio > Open Aggregate Device Editor. Check "Use" next to the cards that you want to use for the aggregate device. You can create a custom name, or just use the default name (Aggregate Device).

Select this aggregate device in your recording software and you can use all the available channels from the cards used.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search