The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How much for individual track bounces? DAW Software
Old 29th July 2016
  #1
Here for the gear
How much for individual track bounces?

I have a guy that wants me to take a PT session and just bounce the individual tracks and send them to him so he can use them in Ableton but I'm not sure how much to charge. How much would you guys charge for that?
Old 29th July 2016
  #2
Here for the gear
Woops I now see that this is in the wrong section and I can't figure out how to delete it..
Old 29th July 2016
  #3
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

I would just charge my lowest rate, as if I was just making copies, or whatever.

Use your standard rate and knock of 25%-33%, maybe?

Outside of that, just decide what the lowest hourly rate you think your time is worth.
Old 29th July 2016
  #4
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benhowe41 View Post
I have a guy that wants me to take a PT session and just bounce the individual tracks and send them to him so he can use them in Ableton but I'm not sure how much to charge. How much would you guys charge for that?
i just exported / bounced out over 400 tracks for 11 songs .. took me quite a while to make the tracks how I Wanted Then to BE for a Mixer .. over 2 weeks .. it can be alot of work so do not sell yourself too short ..

cheers john
Old 29th July 2016
  #5
Lives for gear
 
m_gant's Avatar
 

Can you offline bounce in your version of PT? If so, charge hourly rate. Track your time and invoice. If you have to do real time like me....you're screwed.

If client doesn't like price, he is entitled to have all session folders free if he brings a hard drive & its drag and drop folders. At least that's what I do....
Old 29th July 2016
  #6
Gear Head
 

There is an easy way to do this, but I'm not in front of protools right now. You copy session, and somewhere you select to consolidate all files. It will create a new audio folder with all the audio files the exact same length. Give those to your buddy. Probably will take 15 minutes. Charge an hour. done.
Old 29th July 2016
  #7
Old 30th July 2016
  #8
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcase View Post
There is an easy way to do this, but I'm not in front of protools right now. You copy session, and somewhere you select to consolidate all files. It will create a new audio folder with all the audio files the exact same length. Give those to your buddy. Probably will take 15 minutes. Charge an hour. done.
do you think it is in save copy in ??? not in front of it either ..
Old 30th July 2016
  #9
Lives for gear
 
m_gant's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
do you think it is in save copy in ??? not in front of it either ..
Save copy in does not consolidate edited regions into new wave files, or freeze effects, virtual instruments...

At least I don't think. Do tell more of this pro tools wisdom. I'd love to know but am not at studio to look
Old 30th July 2016
  #10
Gear Head
 

It's been a while and my memory was wrong. I totally skipped a step. I consolidated in the original session, then used save copy in, which brought the audio files into the new audio folder. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 30th July 2016
  #11
Lives for gear
 
chrischoir's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benhowe41 View Post
I have a guy that wants me to take a PT session and just bounce the individual tracks and send them to him so he can use them in Ableton but I'm not sure how much to charge. How much would you guys charge for that?
It's like a 1/2 hour worth of work... $25?
Old 30th July 2016
  #12
Lives for gear
 
thismercifulfate's Avatar
I charge my regular hourly rate to export tracks. Yes, offline bouncing is great, but if the tracks include clips that were punched, comped and/or edited, you have to go through everything and make sure it's clean before you print it, especially if they're having another engineer mix it; your reputation can be on the line. Are all the tracks comprehensively labeled? Are all your clip sections crossfaded, and properly? Do you have multiple takes/playlists going on? That can take a while for full band multitrack sessions, but quality control should never be rushed or skipped over!
Old 30th July 2016
  #13
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
I charge my regular hourly rate to export tracks. Yes, offline bouncing is great, but if the tracks include clips that were punched, comped and/or edited, you have to go through everything and make sure it's clean before you print it, especially if they're having another engineer mix it; your reputation can be on the line. Are all the tracks comprehensively labeled? Are all your clip sections crossfaded, and properly? Do you have multiple takes/playlists going on? That can take a while for full band multitrack sessions, but quality control should never be rushed or skipped over!

thank you .. that is why it took me weeks .. QC ...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump