The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx for live virtual instruments
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Addict

Lynx for live virtual instruments

Has anyone used the Lynx Aurora/AES16e for live virtual instrument performance? Looking for experiences, what worked best and how you were set up. Would like to know if it's a good or bad ideal to use. The inability to control levels remotely has me worried.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by throbert View Post
Has anyone used the Lynx Aurora/AES16e for live virtual instrument performance? Looking for experiences, what worked best and how you were set up. Would like to know if it's a good or bad ideal to use. The inability to control levels remotely has me worried.
hi, i use my Lynx Aurora/AES16e while playing virtual instruments Standalone .. ie: Kontakt 5, Ivory .. the latency is very low .. sub 1ms if the spec is on the money ..

not sure i am directly addressing your question but happy to test what i have for you .. but of course, it is about You Playing Live with it .. not me testing it ..

what programs / VI's would you wish to use ??

cheers john
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
hi, i use my Lynx Aurora/AES16e while playing virtual instruments Standalone .. ie: Kontakt 5, Ivory .. the latency is very low .. sub 1ms if the spec is on the money ..

not sure i am directly addressing your question but happy to test what i have for you .. but of course, it is about You Playing Live with it .. not me testing it ..

what programs / VI's would you wish to use ??

cheers john
Piano tech and OPX II for sure I have an old copy of Komplete 5, but don't know that I would want to use Kontakt in a live setup but want a sampler for sure and a good drum setup. That's a start for me.
I've used my Aurora8/AES16e at home and it has served me well, but unsure for live use and keeping levels in check. I'm thinking a Radial DI to house and maybe another for monitor feedback, a separate feed from my Aurora8 to in ears. I have a couple keyboards, a piano module and looking at an HX-3 organ
module. Would be using Cantabile for hosting.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Piano tech and OPX II for sure I have an old copy of Komplete 5, but don't know that I would want to use Kontakt in a live setup but want a sampler for sure and a good drum setup. That's a start for me.
I've used my Aurora8/AES16e at home and it has served me well, but unsure for live use and keeping levels in check. I'm thinking a Radial DI to house and maybe another for monitor feedback, a separate feed from my Aurora8 to in ears. I have a couple keyboards, a piano module and looking at an HX-3 organ
module. Would be using Cantabile for hosting.
hi, not sure what you mean by "keeping levels in check" ?? can you explain a little more ?? the lynx mixer should be fine for internal gains but i out in the real world of analog you might need something .. if i follow this correctly .

cheers john
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
hi, not sure what you mean by "keeping levels in check" ?? can you explain a little more ?? the lynx mixer should be fine for internal gains but i out in the real world of analog you might need something .. if i follow this correctly .

cheers john
Don't want have to use the screen and mouse every time I need to adjust a level, yes they should be set and forget, but if I need to adjust feed or in ear level I guess it means another piece of ex gear.
Quote:
but i out in the real world of analog you might need something .. if i follow this correctly .
No ideal what that means.
Old 29th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Don't want have to use the screen and mouse every time I need to adjust a level, yes they should be set and forget, but if I need to adjust feed or in ear level I guess it means another piece of ex gear.

No ideal what that means.
i mean you would need a small analog mixer (external gear) to adjust a Level going out to Console or coming back for your in-ears .. i hear you not wanting to use the Lynx Mixer / Screen for this ..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search