The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Two fireface 800 at the same time? DAW Software
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Addict

Two fireface 800 at the same time?

The question speacks for itself...I have a fireface 800 but need more in and outs to run analog harware in pro tools... if I have another one can I run the two fireface at the same time ? And have in pro tools 56 in and 56 outs instead of 28 in and 28 outs?
Old 28th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
The question speacks for itself...I have a fireface 800 but need more in and outs to run analog harware in pro tools... if I have another one can I run the two fireface at the same time ? And have in pro tools 56 in and 56 outs instead of 28 in and 28 outs?
I haven't tried it at OS X, but you can run multiple Fireface interfaces at Windows. Each has its TotalMix settings, but all I/Os appears sequentially at single ASIO driver.
http://www.rme-audio.de/download/fface800_e.pdf
p. 25

With ProTools, you're limited to 32 I/Os with non-AVID hardware, there's no way around that.. in PT you can use just first 32 channels from ASIO/CoreAudio driver.
So either change DAW or get HD Native interface, which has 64 I/Os..

Michal
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
I haven't tried it at OS X, but you can run multiple Fireface interfaces at Windows. Each has its TotalMix settings, but all I/Os appears sequentially at single ASIO driver.
http://www.rme-audio.de/download/fface800_e.pdf
p. 25

With ProTools, you're limited to 32 I/Os with non-AVID hardware, there's no way around that.. in PT you can use just first 32 channels from ASIO/CoreAudio driver.
So either change DAW or get HD Native interface, which has 64 I/Os..

Michal
ok everything its clear now thanks for your reply....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search