The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hardware insert question Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Addict

Hardware insert question

Hello

I have been recently thinking of adding some hardware to my set up. Couple of RND Inductor eqs and JDK R24 stereo Eq and R22 Comp.

I plan to print the processed tracks back into Pro Tools 12 ( vanilla ) so I can free the hardware for future tracks as I build the mix.

Here is my question. Can I set up the gear as a stereo pair insert as well as mono inserts ( Obviously not used at the same time ) So for example if I am processing my Piano track (stereo) I would need stereo hardware insert so I would use 2 Rnd eqs and both sides of the JDK R24 eq. I WOULD PRINT THE TRACK TO FREE UP THE OUTBOARD GEAR .Then If I want to process my lead guitar (mono) for example I would use only one inductor eq and one side of the JDK R24. Can I do this without physically having to reconnect the eqs to other inputs/outputs on my interface.

So can have different hardware inserts set up using the same connections on the interface. So a STREO insert using IN3/4 OUT3/4 and then two MONO inserts 1) IN3/OUT3 and 2) IN4/OUT4. Obviously I would not be able to use them at the same time that goes without saying.

If not I guess I will have to use a patch bay...

I am using Steinberg UR824 interface.

Thanks.

P.S.
For PT12 vanilla users are there any issues with delay compensation?

Last edited by Guitarist9891; 28th July 2016 at 12:38 AM..
Old 28th July 2016
Yes, it is absolutely possible. You do it within the Inserts tab in the I/O menu. It is done pretty much in identical fashion to setting up your in and output routing - you create a stereo path for your stereo inserts, then two mono sub-paths within the stereo one. You can even name the inserts according to your hardware (ie. JDK R24).
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
Yes, it is absolutely possible. You do it within the Inserts tab in the I/O menu. It is done pretty much in identical fashion to setting up your in and output routing - you create a stereo path for your stereo inserts, then two mono sub-paths within the stereo one. You can even name the inserts according to your hardware (ie. JDK R24).
Thanks a lot, thats great to hear. I checked out your website, looks terrific.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search