The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Disable "HDMI audio device" when plugIn any TFT monitor DAW Software
Old 27th July 2016
Gear Nut

Question Disable "HDMI audio device" when plugIn any TFT monitor

Hi guys,

I am on Mavericks 10.9.5 with a MacBookPro 2014 and use two different TFT monitors via HDMI and thunderbolt->HDMI.
Problem: any time I plugIn or switch on any monitor, each LogicPro9 and ProTools12 is nerving me with automatic messages:
LogicPro9:
"LogicPro searching your system for audio devices and found device "HDMI". If you want to use this device, don't cancel the connection while searching.
Do you want to use this device?
- Yes / No"

ProTools 12:
"Pro Tools has no connection to HDMI. Quit Pro Tools, replug this device and restart Pro Tools.
- Save / Quit"

This is totally annoying me. I searched in audio-midi-setup, but can't find a checkbox for HDMI or else.
Old 27th July 2016
Gear Addict
IIRC there was a change just recently (10.11.5?) that annoying dialog (whenever you switched off the monitor to save energy e.g.) had a "don't come back" checkbox. checked it. didn't come back.
Old 28th July 2016
Gear Nut

Okay, but I can't update yet since several projects needs logic9 with mavericks.
Will live with it...
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search