The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Web Sites You Read
Old 20th July 2016
Web Sites You Read

What online sources do you read regularly for music production tips, advice, reviews?

Gearslutz obviously.... But what else?
Old 21st July 2016
Old 21st July 2016
Lives for gear

Createdigitalmusic.com
tapeop
Ableton live forum
MPC forum
Old 21st July 2016
All good ones...

Sound on Sound...

I also find myself on youtube when I'm running down something.
Old 21st July 2016
Lives for gear

Some good tutorials on YouTube, and the usual suspects (mainly named already) are good for an introduction to a topic, but nothing even comes close to GS for being able to dive into the details and get real feedback on a topic.
Old 21st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody View Post
Some good tutorials on YouTube, and the usual suspects (mainly named already) are good for an introduction to a topic, but nothing even comes close to GS for being able to dive into the details and get real feedback on a topic.
I suppose that does happen on occasion here at GS. Certainly no shortage of opinions and fetishes that's for sure!
Old 21st July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I suppose that does happen on occasion here at GS. Certainly no shortage of opinions and fetishes that's for sure!
I've come here looking for very specific info on how a specific track was created, and ended up getting a play by play from the person who actually produced the track. I've lost count of how many times someone has stepped me through a difficult technical process. All in all, I've learned more on here in the last few years than I did from an ill-advised Audio Engineering degree 20 years ago.

First rule of GS is no different than that of any other furm: Ignore the unproductive subforums and duck out the moment the bickering starts.
Old 21st July 2016
Lives for gear

Kvr and musicradar, as well as many of the other that have been mentioned, but as has been said, gearslutz is really a great one stop shop. However, I sometimes feel like I spend more time on gs than making Music, but that can't be true, can it?
Old 27th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaws View Post
Kvr and musicradar, as well as many of the other that have been mentioned, but as has been said, gearslutz is really a great one stop shop. However, I sometimes feel like I spend more time on gs than making Music, but that can't be true, can it?

the double edged sword
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search