The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Neve 1073
Old 15th July 2016
Gear Addict
UAD Neve 1073

Relative newb question...is the UAD Neve 1073 plugin compatible with Windows 10? If not, what ones do you recommend for Windows 10?
Old 15th July 2016
I don't know if you're aware that you need to have UAD hardware to run their plug ins. They are usually pretty up to date with operating systems, etc.
Old 15th July 2016
Gear Addict

OK. UAD plugins will not run natively on any operating system, as they require UA hardware such as Apollo, Satellite, or PCIe cards for the audio processing.

If you have the right UA hardware, Windows 10 is supported.

UAD Win 10 Support
Old 16th July 2016
Gear Addict
No, I wasn't aware you had to have UAD hardware to run their plugins. Bummer. Are there any other high quality plugins that don't need proprietary hardware to operate?
Old 16th July 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1012 View Post
No, I wasn't aware you had to have UAD hardware to run their plugins. Bummer. Are there any other high quality plugins that don't need proprietary hardware to operate?
Although "high quality" is purely subjective and defined by the user, there are many developers whose native plugins are highly regarded, especially on Gearslutz. Some of the most notable are by Fabfilter, Softube, Waves, McDSP, Eventide, Brainworx, Lexicon, Valhalla, Slate Digital, Soundtoys and others too numerous to mention. I recommend that you poke around the various GS threads, read reviews for the type of sound shaping tools (eq, reverb, compression, etc.) that you need and then demo some of the products that interest you.
Old 16th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1012 View Post
I would take a good look at Slate Digital Virtual Mix Rack, which comes with some great plug ins including a neve 1073 eq (and SSL eq), as well as 2 different compressors. It does require an iLok 2. Sometimes it is bundled with their software but not sure if it is anymore.

Waves has the Scheps 73 plug in, but honestly, I prefer their API eq bundle. They also have a neve 1081 eq (V-EQ4), which I have read good things but haven't tried even though I own it in the Platinum Bundle. No iLok, but they have their own copy protection that can be based off a Cloud which transfers to your computer without a dongle to purchase.
Old 16th July 2016
Lives for gear

You can try Burnley 73 from Sonimus, amazing bang for the buck:

Sonimus: Burnley 73
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search