The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plugin Install Issues in Studio One 3
Old 13th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Plugin Install Issues in Studio One 3

guys,.

hey. I've been researching this for a couple hours now, so it'll be pretty embarrassing if it turns out i'm missing something obvious.

I've got S1 3 Professional and when installing plugins, the only ones that are recognized/found in the Browser are the ones that come with their own installer. The cheap-o free plugs that come in zip folders never work for me.

I'm certain the .dll files are in the correct location (Program Files/VSTplugins); same place as the ones that do work. I'm running the 64bit version and the plugins are too, so it's not that. I've refreshed the browser. I even found that they usually say they're blocked under properties, and I've unblocked them.

What the hell am i missing? I'm usually good with this stuff.
Old 13th July 2016
Gear Addict
Hi, first post here. I've installed plugins like that in my S1 3 Pro (64bit, W7) no problem. Apart from the obvious, i.e. make sure the path is correct in Options -> Locations -> VST Plug-ins (it should be Program Files/VSTplugins by default, at least it is in mine) and the VST support services are enabled (but if they weren't the other plugins wouldn't work), the only other two things I can think of are:

- for some reason the plugins are blacklisted, although, afaik, this only happens if they crash S1. Just in case, in Options -> Locations -> VST Plug-ins there's a "Reset blacklist" button.

- S1 isn't re-scanning the plugin folders on startup. In the same window there's a ckeck box "Scan at startup", make sure it's checked and restart S1.

If none of this works and you tell me which plugins are giving you trouble, I'll be happy to try and install one of them and then we can compare notes.

Cheers,

Cabirio
Old 13th July 2016
Lives for gear

What Cabirio said + beware - Softube plugins don't work in S1v3/Win10 combo right now, you'd have to start S1 in Win8 comp mode for them to work (in which case XLN plugins won't work, because of the registrations tied to Win10).

Eh...

k
Old 13th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Cool, really appreciate that, cabirio.

Tried everything you mentioned, plus right click> refresh and the update button on the browser home screen .

The plugs giving me trouble are: Sonimus Soneq, Variety Density mkiii, and Sixtyfive dbx.

P.s. I'm also running Windows 7 64.
Old 13th July 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesarebad View Post
Sonimus Soneq, Variety Density mkiii
All VoS plugins are 32-bit only and so is SonEQ, despite the "64-bit floating point precision" thing: it seems it refers to how it works internally, but only SonEQ Pro has 32 and 64-bit versions, I know because quite recenlty I was investigating it too... Maybe it's the same with Sixtyfive?

Cheers,

Cabirio
Old 13th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabirio View Post
All VoS plugins are 32-bit only and so is SonEQ, despite the "64-bit floating point precision" thing: it seems it refers to how it works internally, but only SonEQ Pro has 32 and 64-bit versions, I know because quite recenlty I was investigating it too... Maybe it's the same with Sixtyfive?

Cheers,

Cabirio

oh boy.... yep. I'm embarrassed.

The statement on the Sonimus site did throw me; the other two I guess I just assumed. Thanks for clearing that up for me, as obvious as it was. Who knows how many more hours I'd have wasted on it.

Off to download JBridge I guess.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search