The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic X with a Touch Screen
Old 12th July 2016
Logic X with a Touch Screen

Hi There,

I am using El Capitan 10.11.5 and Logic 10.2 with a late 2012 Mac Mini.

I was wondering if anyone is using a similar setup with a standard monitor plus a touch screen.

I am having trouble finding touch screens that support Mac usage. I guess there are third party drivers but I was hoping to hear some first hand experiences.

Thanks!
Old 12th July 2016
Gear Addict

Hi, the only one I'm aware of is the Slate Raven screen which has software built-in that is specifically set to make using Logic with touch manageable. Touch screen does not work well with MacOS at all. I'm running a virtual machine with Mac Yosemite on my new touchscreen PC specifically to try to use Logic on the PC, and trying to do so with the touchscreen as the input is just awful. As far as I know, the Raven is the only thing set up for Logic with touch input, and there is nothing that is fully set up for MacOS touch input. Apple will likely support touch with MacOS 11, but that's years away.
Old 12th July 2016
That is very helpful, thanks!

I'll take a closer look at the Nektor products for now.
Old 13th July 2016
Lives for gear
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search