The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What Plug-In am I looking for?
Old 8th July 2016
Lives for gear
What Plug-In am I looking for?

The obvious answer is an analogue emulation of some kind.

When I listen to classic albums of yesteryear recorded through great consoles onto tape I hear a low end warmth, almost like a mushy glue but still with definition. And the high end is always silky but still present.

It's the opposite of what we expect from digital, where everything is clean and supposedly brittle.

There are hundreds of plugs now from tape emus to pre amps, saturators, to valve plug ins. Do I need to use a combination of all of these to get the flavour I'm looking for? Or are there some renowned plugs that will help me get towards this result?
Old 8th July 2016
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontsimon View Post
The obvious answer is an analogue emulation of some kind.

When I listen to classic albums of yesteryear recorded through great consoles onto tape I hear a low end warmth, almost like a mushy glue but still with definition. And the high end is always silky but still present.

It's the opposite of what we expect from digital, where everything is clean and supposedly brittle.

There are hundreds of plugs now from tape emus to pre amps, saturators, to valve plug ins. Do I need to use a combination of all of these to get the flavour I'm looking for? Or are there some renowned plugs that will help me get towards this result?
You can't get this with a plugin, gotta use nice preamps.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search